May Grace Gertrude Laura Blake1
#1169, b. 12 May 1899, d. September 1969
- Father: Herbert George Blake b. 17 Sep 1867, d. 25 Feb 1937
- Mother: Maria "Polly" Base b. 5 Mar 1865, d. 16 Feb 1955
- Relationships: Great-aunt of Sister Susan :-), 3rd great-aunt of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd great-aunt of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Blake (Sibton) descendant chart, Culling descendant chart, Culling descendent chart (new style)
- Birth: May Grace Gertrude Laura Blake was born on 12 May 1899 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2
- Christening: She was christened on 30 May 1900 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. On the same day as her cousin Pretoria Beatrice BASE.2,3
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of Frederick George William 'Porky' Blake and Ada Violet King on 26 December 1923 in Great Yarmouth, England.1,4
- Marr Reg: The marriage of May and Cyril Arthur Warner was registered in the quarter ended December 1930 in the Great Yarmouth registration district.5,1
- Divorce: May Grace Gertrude Laura Blake and Cyril Arthur Warner were divorced in 1931; BUT they appear to be living together at the same address in 1939.1
- Death of Father: Her father Herbert George Blake died on 25 February 1937 in 70 Middle Market Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.6
- (Witness) Death: She witnessed the death of Maria Blake on 16 February 1955 in 34 North Market Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England; Aged 90. Her daughter May is recorded as Mary WARNER when she is named as the witness to Polly's death. No will probated.8
- (executor) Probate: May Grace Gertrude Laura Blake was (one of) the executor(s) of Maria "Polly" Base's estate on 23 February 1959 in Norwich, Norfolk, England; May is styled as May Gertrude Laura WARNER, wife of Cyril Arthur WARNER. The Estate was valued at £170.
- Death Reg: May's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1969 in the Great Yarmouth registration district. (Her age calculates to 70 years and 3 months).1,9
- Name Variation: She was also known as Gertrude Laura Blake.
- Married Name: Her married name was Warner.1
- Note: There were no children from this marriage.1
Family of May Grace Gertrude Laura Blake and Cyril Arthur Warner
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, BLAKE, May Gertrude Laura Christening
Birth Date: 12 May 1899
Christening Date: 30 May 1900 Recorded in: Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Collection: St Nicholas
Father: Herbert George BLAKE
Source: FHL Film 1526329 Dates: 1890 - 1901.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), England, Norfolk Parish Registers, 1538-1900
Yarmouth St Nicholas
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Name: May G L Blake
Spouse Surname: Warner
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1930
Registration district: Yarmouth
Registration county (inferred): Norfolk
Volume Number: 4b
Page Number: 37.
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999, vol 13 page 254.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Blake Household (1 Person) 70 Middle Market Road , Great Yarmouth C.B., Norfolk, England
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Marie Blake 05 Mar 1871 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed 219 1
Ref: RG101/6496C/017/2 Letter Code: TOBV.
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999, I assume this came from a tombstone in Gt Yarmouth Churchyard.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2006 about May Gertrude L Warner
Name: May Gertrude L Warner
Birth Date: May 1899
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1969
Age at Death: 70
Registration district: Yarmouth
Inferred County: Norfolk