Marion May Walpole
#1179, b. 8 August 1897, d. 27 December 1917
- Father: Robert Walpole b. 24 Apr 1873, d. 25 Nov 1936
- Mother: Mary Ann Wilkins b. 30 Oct 1874, d. Oct 1968
- Relationship: 2nd great-aunt of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Wilkins descendant chart, Boyd Descendent Chart (new style)
- Birth: Marion May Walpole was born on 8 August 1897 in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.
- Marriage: She married Phillip Allan Collins, son of Phillip Stephen(s) Collins and Georgina Blanche Ward, on Wednesday, 15 August 1917 in Holy Trinity Church, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 21 years, 8 months and 22 days ~&~ 20 years and 7 days old.1,2,3
- Death: Marion died on 27 December 1917 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 20 years, 4 months and 19 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: She was buried on 28 December 1917 in Cornelian Bay Cemetery, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, Registered IB20692.
- Death cause: Death was caused by a burst appendix.4
- Married Name: Her married name was Collins.
- Residence: In September 1917 Marion May and Phillip lived in York Street, Golf Links, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, Australia.5
Family of Marion May Walpole and Phillip Allan Collins
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: WALPOLE
Given Names: MARION MAY
Father/Spouse Surname: COLLINS
Mother/Spouse Given Names: PHILIP ALLAN
Place: HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, HOBART
Registration Year: 1917
Registration Number: 246.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Folio 1917/0246.
- "Millitary dossiers", War service pension claim.
- Conclusion of, Shirley, From infomation from Ann Cavanagh.
- "Millitary dossiers", Claim for Australian War Service Pension.
- Trove - Australian Newspapers on line, online http://trove.nla.gov.au