#27214, b. 1842, d. 21 June 1908
- Father: George Malham b. 1806
- Mother: Maud Maria Hunt b. 1810
- Birth: John Malham was born in 1842 in Tilehurst, West Reading, Berkshire, England.2
- Birth Reg: John's birth was registered in the quarter ended in June 1842 in the Bradfield registration district.3,4
- Marr Reg: The marriage of John and Jane Christina Porton was registered in the quarter ended June 1863 in the Reading registration district. 2c/567.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Selina Malham was married on 18 April 1883 in Ringarooma, Tasmania, Australia.6
- (Widow) Death: In 1891, at the age of 49 years, John was left a widower by the death of Jane Christina Porton; This was the result of a sad and fatal accident in Seymour. She fell off a bullock wagon, and was then ran over by the cart.7
- Marriage: John Malham married Margaret Jane Robinson, daughter of Henry Robinson and Hanna Patterson, on Monday, 4 January 1892 in Seymour, Victoria, Australia, when they were 50 years ~&~ 20 years old. Registration number 418, note that groom is named as John in the index. This was John's second marriage.2,1
- Burial: John Malham was buried on 21 June 1908 in Pioneer Cemetery, Seymour, Victoria, Australia.8
- Death: John died on 21 June 1908 in Seymour, Victoria, Australia, (Aged 66 years, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Occupation: John was an engine driver at the brewery in 1871.
- EmigratAU: He and Jane Christina Porton emigrated to Australia on 16 August 1876 in ship 'Oaklands' from England.5
Children of John Malham and Margaret Jane Robinson
- Arthur Ernest Malham+ b. 1892, d. 1940
- Adelaide Pomona Malham b. 1894, d. 2 Mar 1930
- Grace Darling Malham b. 1895
- May Victoria Malham b. 2 May 1897
- Oliff Joyce Malham b. 12 Dec 1898, d. 12 Jul 1993
- Margaret Jane Malham b. 1900
- Violet Hannah Malham b. 1902, d. 1982
- Rose Malham b. 1902
- Albert William Malham b. 1904, d. 1912
- Henry Joseph Malham b. 1905, d. 10 Aug 1976
- Noah Motto Malham b. 1906, d. 1951
- George Matthew Malham b. 1908, d. 1908
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "one world tree."
- Victor MALHAM, "Victor MALHAM email," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Malam John Bradfield 6 156.
- Victor MALHAM, "Victor MALHAM email," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various, Date of birth is in dispute, but it was registered in 1842, Registered in District Bradfield Vol 6, page 156.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) Jane
Last name Malham
Birth year 1838
Ship name Oaklands
Departure year 1876
Departure date 21 May 1876
Departure port Plymouth
Arrival year 1876
Arrival date 16 Aug 1876
Arrival port -
State South Australia
Record set South Australia, passenger lists 1847-1886
Category Travel & migration
Collections from Australia & New Zealand.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Malham Selina 1865 — 1883 Tasmania marriages 1803-1899 Ringarooma, Tasmania, Australia.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, Advocate (Melbourne, Vic. : 1868 - 1954) Saturday 14 March 1891 p 20 Article.
- Victor MALHAM, "Victor MALHAM email," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various, John MALHAM died 19 June 1908 at Seymour, Victoria, Victorian BDM (Victorian Index) Reg No. 7606/1908, buried in Seymour Pioneer Cemetery on 21 June 1908.