#28418, b. before 1660, d. 6 September 1702
- Relationship: 8th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree Chart Madison (McBain)
- Birth: Phillip Berry was born before 1660 The registers for Parracombe are missing the years 1635-1662, 1662 are indecipherable, 1663-1666 are missing and 1667 are again indecipherable. 1669 are also missing. This is the period during which I would have expected Phillip to have been born.
1671-1678 are missing, and the first BERRY to appear in the list is Richard, son of Richard and ANN, christened 21st April 1679. 1680 and 1681 are missing, but in 1682 there is a Phillip BERRY who is listed in the parish register as a 'collector for the poor'. If this is the Philip who is the father of Joan then he would have been born before 1660 (assuming he was an adult when collecting for the poor).
- Marriage: He married Ann (?) before 1689.1
- Death: Phillip died on 6 September 1702 in Parracombe, Devon, England, In the parish register of Parracombe, but noted as 'at Heyley'. Not sure if this means died or was buried there. He was a husbandman, a cultivator of the land.
Children of Phillip Berry and Ann (?)
- Devon and Cornwall Records Society, The registers of the parish of Parracombe Devon.