#1550, b. 1840, d. 18 December 1908
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Elrick)
- Birth: Margaret Martin was born in 1840 in Unknown Date worked out from marriage to Walpole and also from death record.2
- MARR_NOT: She and Andrew Turner were not married, but were a couple. This relationship is supposition based on TASP date of first recorded child's birth.9
- MARR_NOT: Margaret Martin and Robert Brown were not married, but were a couple. If this marriage occurred at all, it may not have been before Robert Martin BROWN was born as Margaret listed as Margaret MARTIN in the birth registration. In addition, the marriage is only 'estimated' in Tasmanian Link, meaning the compilers of this database have not found a record of it in Tasmania. The only Robert Brown I can find who died before Margaret married James WALPOLE was aged 65 when he died, but of course, if she never married he did not have to die before she married James Henry.
- Marriage: Margaret Martin married James Henry Walpole, son of Joseph Walpole and Hannah (Anna) Hill, on Thursday, 19 August 1875 in Private house of John TIBBALLS, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 36 years ~&~ 35 years old. According to the rites of the Wesley Church.3
- Marriage of Son: Her child Robert Walpole was married on 24 February 1895 in George Street, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia.4,5,6
- Death: Margaret died on 18 December 1908 in 30 King Street, Dynnyrne, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 68 years, worked back from recorded birth date).7,8
- Married Name: Her married name was Brown.
- Married Name: Her married name was Turner.
- Married Name: Her married name was Walpole.
- Tasmanian Archives database: Indents of female convicts.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "New South Wales and Tasmania, Australia Convict Musters, 1806-1849
Name: Mary Martin
Arrival Date: 1839
Piece: HO 10/39
Title: Ledger Returns S-Z
Place of Conviction: Stafford and Hobart."
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1875/314 37/314.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Folio 37/446.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1895/446.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M310492 1894-1895 1368313 Film NONE.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: WALPOLE
Given Names: Margaret
Mother/Spouse Given Names:
Place: King St DYNNYRNE
Registration Year: 1908
Registration Number: 1373.
- Trove - Australian Newspapers on line, online http://trove.nla.gov.au
- Tasmanian Family Link, online http://www.eos.tased.edu.au/pioneers/taslink3
- Tasmanian Archives database: Walpole, Margaret in 1920 ref AD960/1/43 - 313 - 12938.