#32321, b. 1 April 1839, d. March 1900
- Father: John Chapman1 b. 10 Nov 1812, d. 25 Nov 1887
- Mother: Lucy Culling1 b. bt 1809 - 1811, d. 1881
- Relationships: 2nd cousin 4 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 2nd cousin 6 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd cousin 5 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Culling descendant chart, Culling descendent chart (new style)
- Birth: Matthew Chapman was born on 1 April 1839 in Alpington, Norfolk, England.1
- Christening: He was christened on 21 April 1839 in St Mary the Virgin, Yelverton, Norfolk, England.1
- Marriage: He married Jane Hale, daughter of William Hale, on Sunday, 21 August 1864 in St Luke's, Holloway, Greater London, England, when they were 25 years ~&~ 25 years, 4 months and 20 days old.2
- Death of Mother: His mother Lucy Culling died in 1881 in Norwich, Norfolk, England.
- Death of Father: His father John Chapman died on 25 November 1887 in Bergh Apton, Norfolk, England.3,4
- Marriage of Son: His child Benjamin Chapman was married in June 1896 in Registration District of, Pancras, Greater London, England.5
- Death Reg: Matthew's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1900 in the St Pancras registration district, But note that Jane is said to be a widow in 1891 census. (His age calculates to 60 years and 11 months).6
- Occupation: Matthew was a painter, and later a grainer. A Grainer painted wood to make it look like great and exotic woods.
- Residence: In 1864 Matthew and Jane lived in 3 Roman Road, Holloway, Greater London, England.
Children of Matthew Chapman and Jane Hale
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Church St Mary the Virgin
DateOfBirth 01 Apr 1839
BaptismDate 21 Apr 1839
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 about Matthew Chapman
Name: Matthew Chapman
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1840
Spouse Name: Jane Hale
Spouse Age: 22
Record Type: Marriage
Event Date: 21 Aug 1864
Parish: West Holloway St Luke
Father Name: John Chapman
Spouse Father Name: William Hale
Register Type: Parish Register.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "tree of Owner: rogerknights4."
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Reference ID: items 18-19 p 75
Name: John Chapman
Burial Date: 28 Nov 1887
Burial Place: Burgh-Apton, Norfolk, England
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I05415-0
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 1597077
Citing this Record:
"England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JD4F-LJ7 : 24 December 2014), John Chapman, 28 Nov 1887; citing , reference items 18-19 p 75; FHL microfilm 1,597,077.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au,
First name(s) BENJAMIN
Last name CHAPMAN
Marriage quarter 2
Marriage year 1896
Registration month -
MarriageFinder™ BENJAMIN CHAPMAN married one of these people
HANNAH REED, ADA BUCKLE
District number -
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Life Events (BDMs)
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: CHAPMAN, Matthew
Registration district: Pancras
Year of registration: 1900
Quarter of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at death: 62
Volume no: 1B
Page no: 10.