Thomas Cannum Ball1
#1569, b. 1781, d. 27 July 1866
- Relationship: 5th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (McBain)
- Birth: Thomas Cannum Ball was born in 1781 in Kent, England, place from biography, DOB from age at death. He is possibly the Thomas BALL, son of Thomas and Mary BALL christened in St Mary the Virgin, Dover Kent 6th January 1777 IGI C03656-2.2
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Jane Lester between 1801 and 1810 in England. Not in Rainham.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Ball was married on 22 August 1836 in St Dunstan, Stepney, London, Greater London, England.3,4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Sarah Ball was married on 27 March 1838 in Holy Trinity Church, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.6,7,8
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Eliza Ball was married on 13 February 1844 in Trinity Church, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.9
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Ball was married on 17 September 1845 in Kensington, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.10
- Marriage of Son: His child George Ball was married on 17 April 1860 in Nairne, South Australia, Australia.11,12
- Death: Thomas died on 27 July 1866 in Woodside, South Australia, Australia, aged 85 (Aged 85 years, worked back from recorded birth date).13,14,15
- Occupation: Thomas was a brickmaker.16
- EmigratAU: He and Elizabeth Jane Lester emigrated to Australia on 4 December 1837 in ship 'Lady Emma' from England. The Port they arrived at was Adelaide. This ship was very small, much smaller than those ships in the first fleet, so there is a good chance this was a privately arranged journey and records may exist in UK archives.5
- Residence: In 1843 Thomas Cannum lived in Kensington, South Australia, Australia. 12 acres of wheat, half acre of garden. This is from SA Land returns for 1843. Note there were no DAREs there at the same time.17
- Residence: In say 1857 Thomas Cannum lived in Victoria, Australia.1
Children of Thomas Cannum Ball and Elizabeth Jane Lester
- Thomas Ball15 b. 1810, d. Oct 1814
- Margaret Ball15 b. 1812
- Amos Ball15 b. 21 Aug 1814
- Elizabeth Ball+ b. 9 Sep 1816, d. 26 May 1902
- Sarah Ball+ b. Sep 1818, d. Dec 1846
- John Blundy Ball+15 b. Jun 1821, d. 21 Sep 1891
- Hannah Ball2 b. 12 Jan 1824
- Eliza Ball+2 b. 10 Oct 1825, d. 13 Dec 1897
- Thomas Henry Ball+2 b. c 1828, d. Apr 1915
- George Ball2 b. Jun 1834, d. 16 Aug 1912
- Unknown agency, British Biographical Archive.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M055765 1835-1838 0801582 Film 6901979 Film.
- SA Genealogy & Heraldry Society, Biographical Index of South Australians 1836-1885.
- W Frederic MORRISON M.A. M.D., History of SA.
- Origins, online http://www.rootsweb.com/~austas, also noted in the list of Births, Deaths or Marriages as listed in the newspaper titled South Australian Gazette and Colonial Register for the year 1838.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, South Australian Pre-civil Marriages Transcription
First name(s) William
Last name Joule
Marriage year 1838
Marriage month Mar
Marriage day 27
Marriage place Holy Trinity Adelaide
Address late Stoney STS
Spouse's first name(s) Sarah
Spouse's last name Ball
Spouse's address late Rochester KEN
Celebrant Rev Charles Beaumont Howard
State South Australia
Sources 1: SA Gazette & Colonial Register 7 Apr 1838 p3c 2: Holy Trinity Adelaide register 33
Record set South Australian Marriages
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Marriages & divorces
Collections from Australasia.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), LDS Member submission.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), patron sheet 0960640 - 1553382 Film NONE.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Register (Adelaide, SA : 1901 - 1929) Saturday 24 August 1912 p 14 Family Notices.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950 about George Ball
Name: George Ball
Father's Name: Thomas Ball
Spouse Name: Cecilia Ferry
Spouse's Father's Name: John Mattinson Ferry
Marriage Date: 17 Apr 1860
Marriage Place: Res Of John Mattinson Ferry (Lobethal)
Registration Place: Nairne, South Australia
Page Number: 108
Volume Number: 42."
- Digger - South Australian Deaths 1842 - 1915,
Given Names: Thomas
Relative: (not recorded)
Death Place: Woodside
District Code: Nai
- First Families 2001, online http://www.firstfamilies2001.net.au, Surname: BALL
Given Name(s): Thomas
Birth Country: England
Death Town: Woodside
Death State/Territory: S.A.
Death Country: Australia
Death Date: 1866
Air/Port Landed: Adelaide, S.A.
Year Arrived: 1837.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Morgan Family Tree (Owner: carleychamberlain)."
- First Families 2001, online http://www.firstfamilies2001.net.au
- Conclusion of, Tasmanian Field Trip, April 2000.
- 1841 Fiche, South Australia, unknown record info, p 85, 86 and 87.
- Unknown agency, British Biographical Archive, Australasian Biographical Archive Fiche: 13,149.