#1679, b. 15 January 1796, d. 14 June 1871
Hardgate Street where Ann died and where her son in law lived (without his wife) for at least 11 years after her death. It is unknown of he was in the same house, but when you look at the mixture of burials in the same plot as Ann, it would not be surprising
- Relationship: 4th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Elrick)
- Birth: Ann Mitchell was born on 15 January 1796 in Udny, Aberdeen, Scotland.1
- Christening: She was christened on 17 January 1796 in Udny, Scotland. The register says - Donald MITCHEL in Irishwells had a daughter born of his wife Helen ELLIS baptized 17th of the current month named Ann in full view of the congregation.2
- Death of Mother: Her mother Helen Mitchell died in March 1813 in Laingseat, south of Belhelvie, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Death of Father: Her father Donald Mitchell died in August 1813 in Laingseat, south of Belhelvie, Scotland.
- Marriage: Ann Mitchell married Robert Elrick, son of James Elrick and Margaret Lyon, on Sunday, 23 February 1817 in Newmachar, Aberdeen, Scotland, when they were 24 years, 10 months and 29 days ~&~ 21 years, 1 month and 8 days old. 23rd February 1817 Robert Elrick and Agnes Mitchell both of the parish were married in the Manse, prior to the sermon.3,4
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Ann Elizabeth Elrick was married on 6 December 1838 in Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.5
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Juliet Stevenson Elrick was married on 29 November 1853 in Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland.6
- (Widow) Death: In 1854, at the age of 58 years and 3 months, Ann was left a widow by the death of Robert Elrick; Robert Elrick buried 22nd April 1854 in St Peter's Churchyard, Aberdeen. I believe that he is this Robert, as buried in the same grave are William Elrick (buried 17th December 1857) and Julia Burnett Sutherland (buried 11th September 1860). Julia was the 17months old daughter of William Sutherland and Catherine Elrick. She was born on 16th April 1859 at 13 Hardgate, Aberdeen to Catherine Elrick, Spinner at a Mill, and died at Stoneyton, Rubislaw, Aberdeen. This information kindly supplied by Catherine.
- Marriage of Son: Her child John Elrick was married on 4 September 1854 in St Clement's (Free Church of Scotland), Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.7,8
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Jane ELRICK was married on 15 December 1855 in Aberdeen, Saint Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Mary Ann Robb Elrick was married on 3 June 1859 in St Nicholas' (Church of Scotland), Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.9
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Catherine (R?) Elrick was married on 3 September 1869 in Old Machar, Scotland.
- Death: Ann died on 14 June 1871 in 11 Hardigate, Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland, Ann Elrick, widow of Robert Elrick, mill-wright, died 11:45 am. 77 years old. Father was Donald Mitchell, farmer in New Machar. Mother was Hellen Mitchell, maiden surname Ellis. Relative was Catherine McLean, daughter, present at death. (Aged 75 years, 4 months and 30 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: She was buried on 27 June 1871 in St Peter's Cemetery, Grave B/31, Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Married Name: Her married name was Elrick.
Children of Ann Mitchell and Robert Elrick
- Margaret Elrick12 b. 13 May 1817
- Ann Elizabeth Elrick+ b. 31 Aug 1818, d. 8 May 1854
- Catherine (R?) Elrick+ b. 14 Feb 1821, d. 26 Feb 1894
- Jane ELRICK+ b. 30 Jan 1825, d. 19 Apr 1910
- Isabella Elrick b. 9 Jul 1827
- Robert Elrick b. 9 Apr 1829
- Juliet Stevenson Elrick b. 14 Jan 1831, d. b 1861
- John Elrick+ b. 13 Apr 1834, d. bt 1872 - 1881
- Mary Ann Robb Elrick+ b. 5 Nov 1838, d. 15 May 1895
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), c112494.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M112274 1784 - 1820 0993349 Film 6902769 Film.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Ba: M119066 So: 991250 Pr: 6901059.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), : M111686.
- Copies of original certificates and docs: elrick john marriage 1854.jpg.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M111681 1855 - 1875 6035516 RE.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "1851 census - Name: Robert Elrick
Estimated birth year: abt 1792
Spouse's name: Ann Elrick
Where born: Bethelnie, Aberdeenshire
Parish Number: 168A
Civil parish: Aberdeen St Clements
Address: 6 Hanover Street
Page: 35 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 190
Robert Elrick 59
Ann Elrick 57
Margaret Elrick 33
Mary Ann Elrick 12
Margaret Kemp 6."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "1871 census - Name: Name: Ann Elrick
Estimated birth year: abt 1799
Relationship: Step Mother
Where born: Wdenary, Aberdeenshire
Registration Number: 168/2
Registration district: Old Machar
Civil parish: Old Machar
Address: 75 Holburn St
Occupation: House Keeper
Household schedule number: 214
Francis Burnett 38
Ann Elrick 72."
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C112274 1782 - 1820 0993349 Film 6902768.