#1685, b. circa 1833
- Birth: Francis Burnett was born circa 1833 in Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland.
- Marriage: He married Juliet Stevenson Elrick, daughter of Robert Elrick and Ann Mitchell, on Tuesday, 29 November 1853 in Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland. Francis Burnett, Gardener of Hardgate, and Juliet Stevenson Elrick of Mile End were married by the Rev John Mitchell. Witnesses were Alexander Scott and William Ironside.1
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of John Elrick and Mary Grant on 4 September 1854 in St Clement's (Free Church of Scotland), Aberdeen, St Nicholas, Aberdeen, Scotland; transcript - 'John Elrick, seaman in Aberdeen was on the 4th day of September, 1854, married at Aberdeen to Mary Grant there, daughter of Robert Grant, porter in Aberdeen by the Rev Alexander Spence, minister of Free St Clements church, Aberdeen. Witnesses: Robert Grant, porter and Francis Burnett gardener, both of Aberdeen'. Francis BURNETT was married to Juliette Stevenson ELRICK, John's sister.2,3
- (Widow) Death: In 1861 Francis was left a widower by the death of Juliet Stevenson Burnett.4
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of Findlay Ross McLean and Catherine (R?) Elrick on 3 September 1869 in Old Machar, Scotland; The certificate reads ~~ Findlay McLean, 32-year-old gardener journeyman, bachelor, married Cathrine Elrick, 41-year-old operator W???nsay manufactory. Usual address for both was Holburn Street, Aberdeen. Findlay's parents were Gustavus McLean, engineer and Margaret McLean maiden surname Ross. Cathrine's were John Elrick, boilermaker, deceased and Ann Elrick, maiden surname Mitchell. Witnesses were Steven Tindall and Francis Burnett **.
- Marriage: Francis Burnett married Sarah (?) between 1871 and 1881.
- Occupation: Francis was a Cupine Frenick (I assume this is just a mis transcription of the census data?) and later a fireman in the brickworks. In 1891 a stationery engine fireman.
Family of Francis Burnett and Juliet Stevenson Elrick
Family of Francis Burnett and Sarah (?)
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Ba: M119066 So: 991250 Pr: 6901059.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), : M111686.
- Copies of original certificates and docs: elrick john marriage 1854.jpg.
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "1871 census - Name: Name: Ann Elrick
Estimated birth year: abt 1799
Relationship: Step Mother
Where born: Wdenary, Aberdeenshire
Registration Number: 168/2
Registration district: Old Machar
Civil parish: Old Machar
Address: 75 Holburn St
Occupation: House Keeper
Household schedule number: 214
Francis Burnett 38
Ann Elrick 72."
- Census data as per CD, This is most likely the correct Francis Burnett. Note the 'neice' Mary A. Grant. No real proof though.
Dwelling: Hardgate Rd Pitmuxton
Census Place: Aberdeen Old Machar, Aberdeen, Scotland
Source: FHL Film 0203450 GRO Ref Volume 168-2 EnumDist 39 Page 11
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Francis BURNETT M 48 M Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland
Occ: Fireman Brickworks
Sarah BURNETT M 46 F Birse, Aberdeen, Scotland
Mary A. GRANT U 20 F Banchory, Kincardine, Scotland
Occ: Machinist In Printing Works.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, The Scots Magazine 01 June 1826.