#207, b. 1764, d. 7 December 1845
- Relationship: 5th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (McBain), Hubert and Madison, Madison and Nancy
- Birth: William Cato was born in 1764 in Unknown not Bedfordshire. DOB from age at death 81 and 1841 census which had a rounded down age of 75.
- Marriage: He married Hannah Dumpleton, daughter of John Dumpledine and Elizabeth (Betty) Hooten, on Thursday, 18 November 1790 in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England, when they were 26 years ~&~ 28 years, 6 months and 16 days old.1
- Marriage of Son: His child Joseph Cato was married on 3 May 1818 in Saint Olave Old Jewry, London, Greater London, England.2
- Marriage of Son: His child William Cato was married on 26 September 1822 in St Mary's Church, Lambeth, Greater London, England.3
- Marriage of Son: His child John Cato was married on 5 November 1822 in Woburn, Bedfordshire, England.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Sarah Cato was married on 1 July 1824 in Woburn, England.
- (Widow) Death: In 1839, at the age of 75 years, William was left a widower by the death of Hannah Cato.
- Death: William died on 7 December 1845 in Ampthill, Bedfordshire, England, (Aged 81 years, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Burial: He was buried on 10 December 1845 in St Andrew's Churchyard, Ampthill, Bedfordshire, England, aged 81.5
- Occupation: William was a journeyman sadler.
- Anecdote: In marriage register Dumpletine is crossed out and a note made in the margin 'Crossed out as signs Dumpleton:.
Children of William Cato and Hannah Dumpleton
- Robin Dumpleton.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), M024051 1754-1875 0380326 Film 6903970 Film
ST OLAVE JEWRY registers - United to St Margaret Lothbury 1886
PR's in GL: baptisms 1538/9-1884, marriages 1538/9-1886, banns 1771-1803 & 1824-86, burials 1538-1849
For later baptisms, marriages and banns see St Margaret Lothbury which have been retained by the incumbent.
Partial index to baptisms and marriages 1538-1885 on IGI.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Original Doc accessed."
- Robin Dumpleton, Robin Dumpleton sent details of the death certificates.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), First name(s): William
Last name: CATO
Date of burial: 10 Dec 1845
Age at death: 81
Calculated year of birth: 1764
Place of burial: Ampthill
Dedication: St Andrew
Ampthill St Andrew:
Coverage: 1602 - 1852
Number of entries: 5,051.