Henry George M Haggis
#35914, b. 18 May 1896, d. 7 July 1919
Details of the photos - Pictures of Jeannie Scroggs and Henry George Haggis who is buried on Thursday Island in the Torres Straits, north of Queensland and south of Papua New Guinea. The picture of them standing was taken in late1916 after they were married (notice the wedding ring, it may even have been their wedding photo) the picture of Henry George sitting was taken in January 1916,(they were married on April 16th 1916). From
- Father: Henry George Haggis b. Sep 1875, d. 1932
- Mother: Mary Ann Patterson b. Dec 1876, d. Jun 1914
- Relationship: 1st cousin 1 time removed of Sister Susan :-)
- Charts: PATTERSON, John (b1770) descendant chart, James KNIGHTS Descendent Chart (new style)
- Birth: Henry George M Haggis was born on 18 May 1896 in Barking, Essex, England.1
- Birth Reg: Henry's birth was registered in the quarter ended in September 1896 in the Romford registration district.2
- Christening: He was christened on 23 October 1901 in All Saints, Hatchem Park, Lewisham, London, Kent, England.1,3
- Marriage: He married Jenny Scroggs on Sunday, 16 April 1916 in Bermondsey St Pauls, Greater London, England, when they were 19 years, 4 months and 5 days ~&~ 19 years, 10 months and 29 days old. By License.
- Death: Henry died on 7 July 1919 in Quarantine Station, Thursday Island, Queensland, Australia, (Aged 23 years, 1 month and 19 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Burial: He was buried in 1919 in Cemetery, C E NAVY, Section 1109, Thursday Island, Queensland, Australia.5
- Occupation: Henry was an errand boy for a jeweller, a very short period in the army, followed by service in the Royal Navy.
- Residence: In 1916 Henry George M and Jenny lived in 203 Weston Street, Bermondsey, Greater London, England.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Henry George Haggis
Year of Registration: 1896
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Henry George Haggis
Record Type: Baptism
Estimated Birth Date: abt 1901
Baptism Date: 23 Oct 1901
Father's name: Henry George Haggis
Mother's name: Mary Ann Haggis
Parish or Poor Law Union: Hatcham Park All Saints
- Cemeteries in Australia, Aust Cemetery Index 1808-2007, Henry George Haggis
Death Date: 07 Jul 1919
Death Place: Queensland
Registration Place: Queensland
Registration Number: 004560
Page Number: 805.
- Sidney Patterson, "Sidney Patterson email," e-mail from e-mail address, various.