Arthur William Blake
#36155, b. 8 August 1842, d. March 1922
- Father: Garson Blake b. 15 Jul 1814, d. Jun 1878
- Mother: Elizabeth Lovewell Laws b. 7 Feb 1814, d. Sep 1901
- Relationship: Uncle of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth: Arthur William Blake was born on 8 August 1842 in South Town, Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.
- Marriage: He married Ellen Louisa Ling in 1866 in Gorleston, Norfolk, England.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1913, at the age of 70 years, 5 months and 10 days, Arthur was left a widower by the death of Ellen Louisa Blake.
- Death: Arthur died on 16 February 1922 in Whittington, Shropshire, England, The date in the probate index is 16th Feb 1923? (Aged 79 years, 6 months and 8 days, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Death Reg: Arthur's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1922 in the Oswestry registration district, from an ancestry tree. (His age calculates to 79 years and 6 months).3
- Probate: His estate was probated on 19 December 1923. His executor was Ada Campbell FOULKES-JONES (wife of Edwain FOULKES-JONES). His effects were £255.
- Occupation: Arthur was a ship builder from the firm of Mills and Blake.4
- The Foxearth and District Local History Society, Foxearth Archive, On the 8th August, at the parish church, Gorleston, Suffolk, by the Rev A.D. CAMPBELL, M.A., late minister of Gorleston,
assisted by the Rev J. P. BRITTON, of Brightlingsea, Essex, Arthur William BLAKE, of Southtown, Great Yarmouth, to Ellen
Louise, second daughter of James LING, of Gorleston.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Pierson Family Tree - Owner: tellugohoward."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Arthur W Blake
Death Registration Month/Year: 1922
Age at death (estimated): 79
Registration district: Oswestry
Inferred County: Shropshire
- John OWEN and Mark PIERSON, 15th August 1866, Arthur is a shipbuilder (from Mills & Blake).
- John OWEN and Mark PIERSON, 15th August 1866, Lovewell's siblings were as follows - Arthur Wm. 24 married lives here.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Description:
This database contains papers associated with application for "Freemen" status. Freeman are: a man who did not have to pay trade taxes and shared in the profits of his borough, a person free of feudal service who had served their apprenticeship and could trade in their own right, and anyone who was a member of a City Guild. Freemen admission papers often contain biographical details about the individual."