Ernest John Blake
#36265, b. 1863, d. 15 April 1941
- Father: Joseph Starling Blake b. 27 Dec 1817, d. 21 Apr 1909
- Mother: Esther Steff b. 1825, d. 20 Dec 1879
- Relationship: 1st cousin 1 time removed of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth: Ernest John Blake was born in 1863 in Portsea, Hampshire, England.
- Death of Mother: His mother Esther Blake died on 20 December 1879 in Portsea, England.1
- Marriage: Ernest John Blake married Emily Blanche Chamberlain in September 1889 in St Batholomew's Church, Southsea, Hampshire, England, when they were 41 years ~&~ 26 years old. refer to clipping.2
- Death of Father: His father Joseph Starling Blake died on 21 April 1909 in 48 Chelsea Road, Southsea, Hampshire, England.3
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Esther Dora Blake was married in December 1920 in Registration District of, Hendon, Greater London, England.4
- (Widow) Death: In 1922, at the age of 59 years, Ernest was left a widower by the death of Emily Blanche Blake; aged 73.5
- Death: Ernest died on 15 April 1941 in Orpington Institute, Orpington, Kent, England, aged 78 (Aged 78 years, worked back from recorded birth date).6
- Death Reg: Ernest's death was registered in the quarter ended in June 1941 in the Bromley registration district. (His age calculates to 78 years).7
- Probate: His estate was probated on 25 August 1941. Gertrude Elizabeth Blake was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. The Estate was valued at £200.
- Occupation: Ernest was a law student in 1881 and later practiced as a solicitor.
- Residence: In 1941 Ernest John lived in 33 Trafalgar Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.
Children of Ernest John Blake and Emily Blanche Chamberlain
- British newspapers Nat Lib AU, The Hampshire Advertiser (Southampton, England), Wednesday, December 31, 1879; pg. 2; Issue 3500. 19th Century British Library Newspapers: Part II.
- British newspapers Nat Lib AU, Hampshire Telegraph and Sussex Chronicle etc (Portsmouth, England), Saturday, September 28, 1889; Issue 5650.
- Website Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941 (http://search.ancestry.com.au) "Joseph Starling Blake
Probate Date: 27 May 1909
Death Date: 21 Apr 1909
Death Place: Hampshire, England
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Burkart Otto R A Blake Hendon 3a 813.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Emily Blanche Blake
Name: Emily Blanche Blake
Probate Date: 1 Sep 1922
Death Date: 19 May 1922
Death Place: Middlesex, England
Registry: London, England."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Griggs, Romeril, Dehane, Blake and Garson family tree - Owner: johnaowen
Ernest John Blake of 33 Trafalgar Street Lowestoft died 15 April 1941 at Orpington Institute Orpington Kent. Probate Llandudno 25 August 1941 to Gertrude Elizabeth Reeve married woman. Effects £200 10s 5d or about £24,000 at 2006 prices."
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: BLAKE, Ernest J
Registration district: Bromley
Year of registration: 1941
Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at death: 78
Volume no: 2A
Page no: 1558.