#36372, b. 21 July 1760
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandfather of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Christening: John Blake was christened on 21 July 1760 in Independent, Great Coggeshall, Essex, England. This John may have died and another John christened same day as Joseph in 1762.1
- Marriage: He married Rebecca Bowtell on Wednesday, 3 April 1782 in Lindsell, Essex, England. Mark has seen this in the original register.2
- (beneficiary) Will: Barnabas Blake left a will in 1801 in which John Blake was a beneficiary; Barnabas left a Will, which was proved in the Archdeanery of Canterbury. Index in Essex Archives as D/APb W4/62. There is a transcription on Ancestry.com tree of johnaowen. The original transcription was by Ali WINDSOR.
Names mentioned in the Will are sons Barnabas, John and Joseph and daughters Sarah BLAKE and Hannah HEARD (widow). The estate was valued at under £100.3
Children of John Blake and Rebecca Bowtell
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C067212.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Pierson Family Tree."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Griggs, Romeril, Dehane, Blake and Garson family tree. Owner:" johnaowen."
- Mark PIERSON, 2010, Children of John and Elizabeth from the doc. Yet to be confirmed by me (Dec 2010).
- Mark PIERSON, 2010, Refers to a message on rootsweb, "from a BLAKE descendent."