#36374, b. 19 March 1762
- Relationship: 3rd great-uncle of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Christening: Joseph Blake was christened on 19 March 1762 in Independent, Great Coggeshall, Essex, England.1
- (beneficiary) Will: Barnabas Blake left a will in 1801 in which Joseph Blake was a beneficiary; Barnabas left a Will, which was proved in the Archdeanery of Canterbury. Index in Essex Archives as D/APb W4/62. There is a transcription on Ancestry.com tree of johnaowen. The original transcription was by Ali WINDSOR.
Names mentioned in the Will are sons Barnabas, John and Joseph and daughters Sarah BLAKE and Hannah HEARD (widow). The estate was valued at under £100.2
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C067212.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Griggs, Romeril, Dehane, Blake and Garson family tree. Owner:" johnaowen."