#5419, b. 6 May 1779, d. 1860
- Birth: John Birchall was born in 1779.1
- Baptism: He was baptized on 6 May 1779 in Woore, Shropshire, England.2
- Marriage: He married Susannah Bellett, daughter of Jacob Bellett and Ann Harper, on Tuesday, 24 October 1809 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. John was noted as married with 2 children when tried in 1802. His family stayed behind in England. Rev KNOPWOOD married him as a 'single man.4,5'
- Marriage of Son: His child John Birchall was married on 23 January 1840 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.6,7
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Ann Birchall was married on 4 February 1857 in Tasmania, Australia.8
- Marriage of Son: His child Edward Birchall was married on 14 July 1857 in Tasmania, Australia.9
- Death: John died in 1860 in Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 80 years, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: He was buried on 9 May 1860 in St George's, Sorrell, Tasmania, Australia.2
- EmigratAU: John Birchall emigrated to Australia in 1803 in ship 'Calcutta' from Australia. a convict. tried at Chester 23/10/1802, sentanced to life. Name may be Birchell or Buckhall.3
- Occupation: John was Prior to this John must have been the District Constable for Pitt Water, as on this date it was proclaimed in the Hobart Town Gazatte that he had been removed this post.
Children of John Birchall and Susannah Bellett
- James Birchall2 b. 10 Sep 1810, d. 25 Mar 1870
- John Birchall7 b. 1812, d. b 1817
- Charles Birchall12 b. 1815, d. 12 Aug 1853
- John Birchall1 b. 23 Sep 1817, d. 18 Feb 1857
- George Birchall b. 4 Apr 1820, d. 16 Jul 1896
- Elizabeth Birchall12 b. 4 Apr 1822
- Susan Birchall12 b. 1 Jan 1824, d. 1855
- Edward Birchall12 b. 14 Oct 1826, d. 25 Nov 1826
- Ann Birchall13 b. 17 Aug 1832
- Samuel Birchall12 b. 1833, d. 1904
- Edward Birchall14 b. 26 Apr 1834, d. 5 Aug 1911
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Marjorie Tipping, Convicts unbound.
- Lloyd Robson, A history of Tas 0 - 1855, Appendix 3.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1809/40.
- Tas Marriages 1803-1830, online https://familysearch.org, Entry 40.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1840/656.
- Tasmanian Family Link, online http://www.eos.tased.edu.au/pioneers/taslink3
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1857/528.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1857/841.
- Correspondence on line index, by unknown photographer,
In index to land grants in Van Diemen's Land; listed as Burchall (Fiche 3262; 4/438 pp.6, 11)
On list of persons owing quit rents in Van Diemen's Land; for land in the District of Gloucester. Also listed as Burchall (Fiche 3270; X19 pp.3, 11)
1823 Feb 7-Mar 5
Of Pittwater. Thomas Newby convicted by Court of Criminal Jurisdiction of forging promissory note drawn on Birchall (Reel 6023; X820 p.81).
- Misc web sites, online see Citation Detail, http://www.scfhs.org.uk/scfhs/articles/…
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), LDS Member submission.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1832/4635.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1838/8997.