#50037, b. 1802, d. March 1864
- Father: Richard Ridd b. b 1770
- Mother: Ann (?) b. 1770, d. Mar 1853
- Birth: Partridge Ridd was born in 1802 in Challacombe, Devon, England.
- Christening: He was christened on 23 January 1802 in Holy Trinity Church, Challacombe, Devon, England.1
- Marriage: He married Ann Howe on Thursday, 13 February 1834 in St Mary Magdalene, Winsford, Somerset, England, when they were 25 years ~&~ 32 years old.2
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Ann Ridd was married in April 1858 in Challacombe, England.3
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Ridd was married in March 1863 in Registration District of, Barnstaple, Devon, England.4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Dorcas Ridd was married in March 1863 in Barnstaple, England.5,6
- Death Reg: Partridge's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1864 in the Challacombe registration district. (His age calculates to 62 years).7
- Death: Partridge died on 15 March 1864 in Old Close Farm, Challacombe, Devon, England, (Aged 62 years, worked back from recorded birth date).5
- Probate: His estate was probated on 25 May 1864. Dorcas Ridd, Eliza Jane Howe Ridd and Ann Howe were the administrators and/or the beneficiaries. The estate was valued at £600.
- Occupation: Partridge was a farmer of various acreages. In 1855, when 'declining his business at Old Close Farm' he sold 300 sheep and horses, his farm implements and other effects. In 1862 he sold by auction 31 bullocks, 240 sheep and 12 horses and ponies - all from his Home Place Farm. All sales were conducted by GOULD AUCTIONS.
Children of Partridge Ridd and Ann Howe
- Ann Ridd b. 1835, d. 30 Nov 1916
- Eliza Jane Howe Ridd b. 1837, d. 28 Jan 1932
- Elizabeth Ridd+ b. 1839, d. 16 Jun 1920
- Dorcas Ridd b. 1841, d. Jun 1905
- Caroline Maria Ridd b. 1845, d. Sep 1927
- Prudence Ridd b. 1847, d. Dec 1930
- Matilda Ridd b. 1849
- Louisa Mary Ridd b. 1853
- Devonshire Parish Registers look up (published), e-mail address.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Somerset
Church St Mary Magdalene
MarriageDate 13 Feb 1834
GroomAbode Challacombe Dev
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "family tree - Owner: keefandcaff.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, RIDD Elizabeth Barnstaple 5b 843.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Partridge Ridd
Name: Partridge Ridd
Probate Date: 25 May 1864
Death Date: 15 Mar 1864
Death Place: Devon, England
Registry: Principal Registry."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, IRWIN James Barnstaple 5B 843.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915 about Partridge Ridd
Name: Partridge Ridd
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1864
Registration district: Barnstaple
Inferred County: Devonshire
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, British Newspapers 1710-1950
Publication:North Devon Journal
Publication date:Thursday 26 May 1864
Article text:"of Mr. Partridge Ridd, deceased; consisting of a Farm House, and all the necessary Outbuildings, together with Acres, or thereabouts, of rich Arable, Meadow, and Pasture Land, ljing within a Ring Fence.