#50160, b. 1837, d. 12 January 1892
- Birth: John Gear was born in 1837 in Berrynarbor, Devon, England.1
- Marr Reg: The marriage of John and Elizabeth Ann Chugg was registered in the quarter ended March 1861 in the Barnstaple registration district. Groom and bride named as John GEAR and Elizabeth Ann CHU?1
- Death: John died on 12 January 1892 in Litcharden Farm, Fremington, Devon, England, (Aged 55 years, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Probate: His estate was probated on 20 February 1892. James Gear was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. The estate was valued at £458.
- Occupation: John was a farmer of 32 acres at firdt, growing to over 200 acres by the time he died.
Children of John Gear and Elizabeth Ann Chugg
- John Gear b. 1864
- James Gear b. 1867
- William Gear b. 1868
- Sarah Gear b. 1870
- Samuel Gear b. 1873
- Mary E Gear b. 1875
- George Gear b. 1877
- Martha Gear b. 1879
- Elizabeth A Gear b. 1880
- Thomas Gear b. 1884
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Gear John Barnstaple 5b 843.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), British Newspapers 1710-1950
Publication:North Devon Journal
Publication date:Thursday 23 January 1862
Article text:"of Mr. John Geer, who is leaving. Comprising 4 Cows in Calf; 1 Fieur Heifer; 1 Steer, 14 years old ; 2 Yearlings ; 1 Spring Calf; 2 useful Farm vT°u£ S ' and 12 years old ;20 very superior young and healthy Mongrel Ewes, forward in Lamb ; 1 Nott Ram ;."