#50170, b. 1815, d. March 1869
- Birth: Mary Parminter was born in 1815 in West Down, Devon, England, Parents possibly Edward PARMINTER and Sarah BOYLES.
- Marriage: She married George Chugg, son of John Chugg and Elizabeth Heddon, on Tuesday, 14 July 1840 in West Down, England, when they were 27 years, 6 months and 15 days ~&~ 25 years old. On the certificate the Groom's father was said to be George, a farmer from Morthoe. His father was not named in the newspaper report of the marriage, where he was said to be from Morthoe. Certainly George's father was long dead by the time he married.1
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Mary and George Chugg was registered in the quarter ended September 1840 in the Barnstaple registration district.1
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Mary Elizabeth Chugg was married in March 1868 in Registration District of, Barnstaple, Devon, England.2
- Death: Mary died on 24 January 1869 in On the Road to Ossaborough, West Down, Devon, England, (Aged 54 years, worked back from recorded birth date).3,4
- Death Reg: Mary's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1869 in the Barnstaple registration district. (Her age calculates to 54 years).5
- Death cause: Death was caused by Thrown from a gig, and killed, whilst returning to Ossaborough from Divine Worship at the Methodist Chapel. John LOVERING, a servant on the farm, was the driver.
- Probate: Her estate was probated on 19 November 1907. George Carpenter Chugg was the administrator and/or the beneficiary. The estate was valued at £285. George was an ironmonger.
- Married Name: Her married name was Chugg.
Children of Mary Parminter and George Chugg
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, CHUGG George Barnstaple 10 51.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Langdon James Richard Barnstaple 5b 807.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Mary Chugg
Name: Mary Chugg
Probate Date: 19 Nov 1907
Death Date: 24 Jan 1869
Death Place: Devon, England
Registry: London, England."
- Gravestone Photographic Resource, online http://www.gravestonephotos.com/, Thomas Chugg first name on this monument 1842 1868 26 4103 293662 505 Died 16 nov
John Chugg brother of Thomas Chugg 1849 1878 29 died jan 17
George Chugg father of Thomas Chugg 1813 1900 87 died may 20 late of ossaborough
Mary Chugg mother of Thomas Chugg 1816 1869 53 Died 24 jan
Henrietta Chugg 1828 1911 83 died feb 1; father john coats of luscott braunton
Elizabeth Langdon 1869 1876 7 Died 5 march daughter of james richard langdon
George Henry Langdon 1870 1871 1 died 29th jan son of james richard langdon
James Richard Langdon 1835 1870 35 Died 2? nov
Mary Langdon 1868 age 6 weeks - died 25th nov grandaughter of george and mary chugg
Mary Elizabeth Langdon 1841 1880 39 Died 18 nov wife of james richard langdon.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Chugg Mary 53 Barnstaple 5b 359.