#51682, b. 3 September 1754, d. 16 September 1844
- Relationships: 1st cousin 6 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 1st cousin 8 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 1st cousin 7 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Christening: William Aldis was christened on 3 September 1754 in St Mary's Church, Diss, Norfolk, England.2
- (beneficiary) Probate: He was listed as a beneficiary in William Aldis's will in 1774 in Norwich, Norfolk, England. He was a grandson, left £20 once he turned 21.3
- Death of Father: His father Thomas Aldis died on 16 July 1779 in Beccles, Suffolk, England.1
- Marriage: William Aldis married Susanna Waites on Tuesday, 6 January 1784 in St Michael's Church, Beccles, Suffolk, England, when they were 27 years ~&~ 29 years, 4 months and 3 days old. by Licence.4,5
- Death of Mother: His mother Susanna Cream died on 7 November 1792 in Suffolk, England.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1807, at the age of 53 years and 4 days, William was left a widower by the death of Susanna Waites.
- Marriage: William Aldis married Mary (?) after 1808. Possibly the marriage in 30th Nov 1813 between William ALDIS and Mary COOK, except he was said to be a bachelor, and she a widow. It was witnessed by John and Mary HAYWARD. He is of the right age, but the census in 1841 saif he was born outside Suffolk.
- (Witness) Probate: William Aldis was mentioned when the estate of William Aldis probated in 1826; He lists (in this specific order) James ALDIS Thorington, John ALDIS Halesworth, Charlotte HIGHAM Bramfield, Elizabeth EVERETT (is is said to have 12 CHILDREN).
- Marriage of Son: His child John Aldis was married on 29 July 1827 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.6
- Marriage of Son: His child Thomas Aldis was married on 20 August 1827 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.7
- Death: William died on 16 September 1844 in England (Aged 90 years and 13 days, worked back from recorded birth date).8
- Burial: He was buried on 18 September 1844 in Churchyard, Beccles, Suffolk, England.8
- Occupation: William was a blacksmith.
Children of William Aldis and Susanna Waites
Family of William Aldis and Mary (?)
- Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, 19. In memory of / THOMAS ALDIS / who died 23rd.July 1779 / aged 53 / Also of /
SUSANNA his wife / who died 7th.Nov. 1792 / aged 69.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, County Norfolk
Place (link for place information) Diss
Church name St Mary
Register type Parish Register
Baptism date 03 Sep 1754
Person forename William
Person sex M
Father forename Thomas
Father surname ALDISS
Mother forename Susan.
- Conclusion of, Shirley, William's Will contents.
- Beccles Parish Records, St Michael's Beccles BMD, January 6 by licence
WILLIAM ALDIS otp. sm. & SUSANNA WAITES otp. sw.
He signed : she x Witt: Susan Howard x
Isaac Smith x.
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) "Lookup email from Kezia2."
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 29 Jul 1827
WitnessTwoForename Mary Ann
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Day: 20
Groom forenames: Thomas
Groom surname: Aldis
Groom parish: Gt Yarmouth NFK
Groom condition: Phoebe Cleveland
Bride forenames: Woods
Bride parish: Lowestoft
Bride condition: Suffolk
Record source: Suffolk Marriage Index
Data provider: Suffolk Family History Society.
- Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, 13. Sacred / to the memory of / WILLIAM ALDIS / who died the 16th.day / of September
1844 / aged 90 years / Also MARY his wife / who died the 26th.day / of February 1846 / aged 84
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Publication:Norfolk Chronicle
Publication date:Saturday 22 July 1815
Article text:"creditors of WILLIAM ALDIS, of Beccles,.
- Conclusion of, Shirley, William's Will contents - a grandson who was NOT 21 in 1773was left £20. No father identified, but it is not impossible for William (legatee) to be the illegitimate son of a daughter.
- Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, 11. Headstone
Sacred / to the memory of / WILLIAM ALDIS / son of WILL: & SUSAN ALDIS / who
departed this life / April 21 1813 / aged 26 years.
- Beccles Parish Records, St Michael's Beccles BMD, March 23 Thomas s/o William & Susan ALDIS (m.n. WAITS) born March 11.
- Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, Memorial Inscriptions of Suffolk, 26. Headstone with urn
“Memento mori” / Sacred / to the memory of / SUSAN / the beloved wife of / WILLIAM
ALDIS / who died / on the fourth day / of September 1807 / in the fiftieth year of her age /
SUSANNA & CHARLOTTE / daughters of WILLIAM & SUSAN / who died infants.
- Beccles Parish Records, St Michael's Beccles BMD, Aug 6 JOHN s/o William and Susan ALDIS (late WAITES) bn Mar 27 1797 Blacksmith.