#13400, b. 9 September 1827, d. 27 April 1916
- Father: Charles Bell b. 25 Mar 1792, d. Dec 1873
- Mother: Martha Winter
- Relationships: 2nd great-grandmother of Sister Susan :-), 4th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 3rd great-grandmother of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake)
- Christening: Maria Bell was christened on 9 September 1827 in St Michael Coslany, Norwich, Norfolk, England.1,2
- Marriage: She married John Base, son of William Base and Hannah Hubbard, on Tuesday, 6 March 1855 in Registry Office, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 29 years, 2 months and 5 days ~&~ 27 years, 5 months and 25 days old. The certificate reads 6th March 1855 John BASE 29 year old bachelor, a corporal in the East Norfolk Militia, of Betts Row Blind, Middle Street, Great Yarmouth married Maria Bell 27 year old Spinster shoe binder of Globe Yard, Norwich St Augustine. Groom's father is William BASE, Yeoman, and the bride's father is Charles BELL shoemaker. Witnesses were William Willson and Thomas Cutting.1,3
- Marriage of Son: Her child John Base was married on 13 September 1886 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.4
- Marriage of Son: Her child Frederick Base was married on 13 May 1888 in Great Yarmouth, England.5,6
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Maria "Polly" Base was married on 2 March 1891 in St Andrew's Parish Church, Gorleston, Norfolk, England.7
- Marriage of Son: Her child Walter George Base was married on 29 August 1894 in Great Yarmouth, England.8,7
- (Widow) Death: In 1902, at the age of 74 years, 4 months and 19 days, Maria was left a widow by the death of John Base; aged 75, no probate.9
- Marriage of Son: Her child Frederick Base was married in June 1907 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1,6
- Death: Maria died on 27 April 1916 in 131 Mill Road, Southtown (Gorleston), Norfolk, England, Certificate says widow of Joseph BASE, but I believe this is a mistake. She is buried in the same grave as John (Aged 88 years, 7 months and 18 days, worked back from recorded birth date).1,6,7
- Burial: She was buried on 1 May 1916 in Gorleston Old Cemetery plot C75, Gorleston, Norfolk, (Magdalen Way/Crab Lane), England.10
- Death cause: Death was caused by 1 Atheroma. 2 Cerebral Haemorrhage.7
- Occupation: Maria was a shoebinder.
- Married Name: Her married name was Base.1
- Residence: In 1855 Maria lived in Globe Yard, Norwich St Augustine's, Norfolk, England.7
- Name Variation: She was also known as Muriel Base.
Children of Maria Bell and John Base
- Valerie Grey-Wilson, Base.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), 7323308 - 0822864 Film NONE.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, Frederick BASE
Spouse: Mary Ann Elizabeth WELHAM
Marriage: 13 May 1888
St Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Batch number: Dates Source Call No. Type Printout Call No. Type
M163157 1886-1899 1526459 Film NONE.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Maria Base
Death Age: 88
Birth Date: abt 1828
Death Date: abt 1916
Death Place: 131 Mill Rd Southtown
Burial Date: 1 May 1916
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery: Gorleston Old Cemetery
Cemetery Section: C
Grave Number: 75
Interment Number: 6847
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- Norfolk Trans Archive, online http://www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions, BASE, John, 44 hd, mar, shoemaker, (Row 27)
BASE, Maria, 44 wf, mar
BASE, John, 17 s, unm, Shoemaker,
BASE, Charles W, 10 s
BASE, Maria, 6 d
BASE, Frederick, 3 s
BASE, Walter G, 6m s
- Unknown agency, British Biographical Archive, British Biographical Archive Fiche: II 1837,396-397.