Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury
#13866, b. 9 December 1849, d. 6 December 1929
- Father: William Francis Brackenbury b. 10 Oct 1821, d. 25 Jan 1890
- Mother: Mary Ann Wade b. 22 Oct 1815, d. 14 Jun 1885
- Relationships: Great-grandmother of Sister Susan :-), 3rd great-grandmother of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (indented), BALES, John (1762) descendant chart, Pedigree Chart Susan (Beales)
- Birth: Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury was born on 9 December 1849 in Waller's Buildings, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, certificate reads 9th December 1849 in Waller's Buildings Yarmouth Margaret Elizabeth a girl. Father William Francis BRACKENBURY mother Mary Ann BRACKENBURY formerly WADE. Father's occupation was a labourer. Mother signed the register.1,2
- Marriage: She married (Archer) Christopher Beales, son of Archer Christopher Beales and Elizabeth Ayers, on Thursday, 17 April 1884 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when they were 36 years, 3 months and 23 days ~&~ 34 years, 4 months and 8 days old. Certificate reads April 17th 1884 Archer Christopher BEALES aged 36 a bachelor fisherman of George Street and Margaret Elizabeth BRACKENBURY 35 a spinster of Row 45 were married after banns according to the rites of the established church by A R CORY. The groom's father was Archer Christopher BEALES Publican and the bride's father was William Francis BRACKENBURY labourer. The ceremony was witnessed by Edward John SIMPSON who signed the register and by Jane BROWN who made her mark. Archer the groom made his mark and Margaret the bride signed her name.2,3
- Death of Mother: Her mother Mary Ann Brackenbury died on 14 June 1885 in Row 13, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2,4
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of William Phinn Dublack and Mary Ann Elizabeth Brackenbury on 6 October 1889 in Great Yarmouth, England; The marriage certificate shows a father (James BRACKENBURY) for the bride. I doubt this is correct, as Margaret Elizabeth BRACKENBURY had been listed in each of the census to date as single and she was with her mother and her mother’s parents who were named BRACKENBURY at 9 and 19 years old. The witnesses were Christopher BEALES and Margaret E BEALES who were her mother and stepfather. Margaret BRACKENBERY had married Christopher in 1884.5,6
- Death of Father: Her father William Francis Brackenbury died on 25 January 1890 in The Workhouse, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2
- (Widow) Death: In 1894, at the age of 45 years and 13 days, Margaret Elizabeth was left a widow by the death of (Archer) Christopher Beales; aged 46.
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Alice Maud Beales was married in December 1902 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.7,1
- Marriage of Son: Her child Christopher Elijah Charles Beales was married on 13 June 1914 in Registry Office, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2,8
- Marriage of Daughter: Her child Rosina Beales was married in June 1920 in Great Yarmouth, England.9
- Death: Margaret died on 6 December 1929 in 150a Caister Road (The Workhouse), Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, Certificate reads 2th December 1929 150A Caister Road UD. Margaret Elizabeth BEALES female aged 78 years of 15 Row 23 Yarmouth UD widow of Christopher Elijah BEALES a fisherman. Of senile decay (no PM and certified). Present William S Blythe occupier 150A Caister Road. (Aged 79 years, 11 months and 27 days, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Burial: She was buried on 11 December 1929 in Yarmouth New Cemetery, Location N401, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.10
- Note: Row 44 was called Angel Row.
- Married Name: Her married name was Beales.
- Residence: In 1898 Margaret Elizabeth lived in 19 Fuller's Hill, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.11
- Residence: In 1929 Margaret Elizabeth lived in 15 Row 23, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England. Margaret was still living in the same house as she was in the 1901 census just before her death.2
Child of Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury
- Mary Ann Elizabeth Brackenbury+ b. 29 Aug 1871, d. Jun 1916
Children of Margaret Elizabeth Brackenbury and (Archer) Christopher Beales
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 17 Apr 1884
GroomForename Archer Christopher
GroomAbode George St
BrideForename Margaret Elizabeth
GroomFatherForename Archer Christopher
BrideFatherForename William Francis
WitnessOneForename Edward John
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Brackenbury Mary Ann 68 Yarmouth 4b 18.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, DUBLACK, William Fenn Age: 28 years Marriage
Wife: Mary Ann Elizabeth BRACKENBURY Age: 18 years
Marriage Date: 6 Oct 1889 Recorded in: St. Nicholas, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Husband's Father: William DUBLACK
Wife's Father: James BRACKENBURY
Source: FHL Number 1526459 Dates: 1886-1899.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Thompson Lewis Frederick Yarmouth 4b 36.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Rosina Beales
Spouse Surname: Gilham
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1920
Registration district: Yarmouth
Registration county (inferred): Norfolk
Volume Number: 4b
Page Number: 27.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: William Beales
Death Age: 81
Birth Date: abt 1850
Death Date: abt 1931
Death Place: 3, Malakoff Road
Burial Date: 25 Feb 1931
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery: Yarmouth Old Cemetery
Cemetery Section: R.
Grave Number: 50.
Interment Number: 15150
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) Archie
Last name Beales
Birth year 1889
Birth date 03 Feb 1889
Event year 1898
School name Northgate Boys School
Town Great Yarmouth
Parent name(s) Elizabeth Beales
Book type Admissions
Archive reference Y_ED_420
Folio / page no. -
Archive Norfolk Record Office
Record set National School Admission Registers & Log-books 1870-1914
Category Education & work
Subcategory Schools & education
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Census data as per CD, Head: BRACKENBURY, William Neighbors 138691
Name Relationship Mar Age Sex Occupation Birthplace
William BRACKENBURY Head M 33 M Fishermen Yarmouth-Nfk
Mary A. BRACKENBURY Wife M 33 F --- Yarmouth-Nfk
William BRACKENBURY Son - 2 M --- Yarmouth-Nfk
Margaret BRACKENBURY Daur - 1 F --- Yarmouth-Nfk
Address: Row No 44, Great Yarmouth
Census Place: Great Yarmouth Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
PRO Reference: HO/107/1806 Folio: 651 Page: 21 FHL Film: 0207458.