#14601, b. 27 July 1836, d. 27 January 1873
- Father: John Ayers1 b. 5 May 1799, d. 1 Apr 1869
- Mother: Elizabeth Saunders1 b. 5 Aug 1800, d. 3 May 1871
- Birth: James Ayers was born in 1836 in Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.1
- Christening: He was christened on 27 July 1836 in St Margaret's, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England.2,1
- Death of Father: His father John Ayers died on 1 April 1869 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Elizabeth Ayers died on 3 May 1871 in Lowestoft, England.1
- Death: James died on 27 January 1873 in Lowestoft, England, (Aged 36 years and 6 months, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: He was buried on 31 January 1873 in St Margaret's Churchyard, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England, aged 36.3
- Letter, Shelly to Shirley Elrick, 2001.
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD, AYERS, James Christening
Christening Date: 27 Jul 1836 Recorded in: Suffolk, England
Father: John AYERS
Source: FHL Film 918529 Dates: 1834 - 1836 Note: LOWESTOFT.
- Burials in Britain, DB - National Burial Index (Britain), on CD at home.
- Census data as per CD, John is the Master. There is a James AYERS who is the mate, but note that if this is his brother the age is out by 10 years as James is listed as being 46 years old?. Other crew members are:
John Cooper 36
Charles Dowson 17
Edgar Dowson 26
John Forster 19
James Jones 20
John Parsley 21
Daniel Russell 22.