#15867, b. 1826, d. 29 October 1885
- Birth: James Allerton was born in 1826 in Killeshandra, Cavan, Ireland.1
- Christening: He was christened on 19 February 1826 in Killeshandra Cofl, Cavan, Ireland.1
- Death of Mother: His mother Maria Dobson died on 2 December 1845 in George Street, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.1,2
- Marriage: James Allerton married Rachel Teevan, daughter of William Teevan and Mary Hannah, on Thursday, 25 November 1847 in St Andrew's Church of England, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.1,3
- (Widow) Death: In 1860, at the age of 34 years, James was left a widower by the death of Rachel Teevan.4
- Marriage: James Allerton married Mary Rankin, daughter of John Rankin, on Monday, 25 November 1861 in Kangaroo Point, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, when they were 35 years ~&~ 18 years old.1
- Death of Father: His father Alexander Allerton died on 3 August 1869 in Stanmore, New South Wales, Australia.1
- Marriage of Son: His child Alexander Dobson Allerton was married in 1873 in New South Wales, Australia.5
- (Widow) Death: In 1873, at the age of 47 years, James was left a widower by the death of Mary Rankin.1
- Marriage: James Allerton married Marian Kenetta Elvin on Thursday, 1 July 1875 in Presbyterian Church, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.1,6
- Death: James died on 29 October 1885 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, (Aged 59 years, worked back from recorded birth date).7
- Burial: He was buried on 31 October 1885 in Church of England, Rookwood, New South Wales, Australia.1
- Occupation: James was In 1858 Sands directory of Sydney James is listed as a carpenter situated in 40 Little Albion Street. He was not listed in 1863, but was back in 1866, this time at 66 Albion Street.1
- Inquest: An inquest into the death of James Allerton was held at Assembly Hotel, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on 31 October 1885. The report reads : - We found that the said James Allerton at the Sydney Hospital, Sydney, in the colony of NSW on the 29th October AD 1885 died from the effects of injuries accidently received on the same day through falling from a new building in the course in construction at the corner of Market and Pitt Streets upon which he was at work at the time.8
Children of James Allerton and Rachel Teevan
- Alexander Dobson Allerton1 b. 22 Dec 1848, d. 1884
- William Teevan Allerton1 b. 30 Oct 1850, d. 18 Jul 1899
- John Teevan Allerton1 b. 16 Oct 1853, d. 20 Sep 1881
- Maria Allerton1 b. 10 Jun 1855, d. 9 Oct 1886
- James Henry Allerton1 b. 11 Dec 1856, d. 9 Apr 1940
- Rachel Allerton1 b. 27 Aug 1858, d. 19 Jun 1859
- Joseph Allerton1 b. 1 Aug 1860, d. 24 Oct 1860
Child of James Allerton and Mary Rankin
- Alfred Ernest 'Snowy' Allerton1 b. 1869, d. 4 Jan 1922
Children of James Allerton and Marian Kenetta Elvin
- Unknown compiler.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory, V1845363 30B/1845 ALLERTON MARIA AGE 40.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory, V1840191 32C/1840 ALLERTON JAMES TEEVAN RACHEL MS.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) Monday 21 January 1861 p 7 Family Notices. At her residence in Moreton Bay, Queensland.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, ALLERTON, Alexander Dobson CM 11016 Marriage
Spouse: BAILEY, Agnes
Index Year: 1873
Reg Year: 1873 Reg State: New South Wales
Ref Number: 3984.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory, 677/1875 ALLERTON JAMES HOARE MARIANNE H SYDNEY.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory
- Unknown author, NSW Index to the Bench of Mag., 1788-1820.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) Saturday 8 January 1876 p 5 Article.