Arthur Shirley Hamilton1
#19022, b. 1849, d. September 1925
- Birth: Arthur Shirley Hamilton was born in 1849 Possibly Co Mayo in Ireland.1
- Marriage: He married Ethel Mary Jackson, daughter of Frederick Jackson and Elizabeth Mary Jane Caunter, on Tuesday, 7 June 1892 in St Peter's, West Lynn, Norfolk, England, when they were 43 years ~&~ 26 years, 4 months and 5 days old. ceremony performed by the bride's father, assisted by Rev. Canon James Lyons, Rector of Fiddown, County of Kilkenny. They had 3 children (2 daughters and 1 son). The daughters Florence and Violet were with them in 1911 but the son was not. So may be named Anson.1
- Death: Arthur died on 25 August 1925 in Coolroe, Mudford, Hampshire, England, (Aged 76 years, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Death Reg: Arthur's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1925 in the Bournemouth registration district. (His age calculates to 76 years).3
- Probate: His estate was probated on 13 October 1925. Ethel Mary Jackson were the administrators and/or the beneficiaries. The other executor was Edward Hamilton Everard WOODWARD, engineer. The Estate was valued at £4,041.2
- Occupation: Arthur was Lieutenant R.N. retired and formerly of the Labuan Civil Service. His brother Edward HAMILTON was a Major General in the Army in 1911, and had previously served in the Boer War.
* He was actually the acting Gov of Labuan in 1889 - "his Excellency Arthur Shirley Hamilton Acting Consul-General for Her Britannic Majesty in Borneo and Acting Governor of Labuan."1,4
Family of Arthur Shirley Hamilton and Ethel Mary Jackson
- Joseph Jackson Howard, Visitation of England and Wales / edited by Joseph Jackson Howard and Frederick Arthur Crisp., Jackson of Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Arthur Shirley Hamilton
Name: Arthur Shirley Hamilton
Probate Date: 13 Oct 1925
Death Date: 23 Aug 1925
Death Place: Hampshire, England
Registry: London, England."
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: HAMILTON, Arthur S
Registration District: Help Bournemouth
Year of Registration: 1925
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Age at death: 76
Volume No: 2B
Page No: 691.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au,
First name(s) E
Last name Hamilton
Service number(s) -
Regiment The Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment)
Literary references Honours and Awards of the South African War 23
Units Unit: 2 The Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment) Battalion, Rank: Lieutenant-Colonel, Number:
Casualty details -
Casualty notes -
Casualty source -
Country Great Britain
Record set Anglo-Boer War records 1899-1902
Category Armed forces & conflict
Subcategory Boer Wars
Collections from United Kingdom.
- Find a Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com