#481, b. 5 November 1801, d. 5 July 1837
- Relationship: 4th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (McBain), Hubert and Madison, Madison and Nancy
- Christening: Elizabeth Cato was christened on 5 November 1801 in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, England.
- Marriage: She married Daniel Denny on Tuesday, 9 March 1824 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 21 years ~&~ 22 years, 4 months and 4 days old. Indexed as 'David'. I have checked original from church, and the name appears distinctly as David. There is no doubt this is Daniel and Elizabeth's marriage as his record in Tasmanian Family Link shows marriage to Elizabeth Cato in Hobart in same year and all children are fathered by Daniel. This means he either changed his name or the parson recorded it incorrectly. Witnesses to the marriage were Sarah
and W. WORTHY. Ceremony performed in St David's by Wm Bedford. Date may be May? Record reads Elizabeth CATO, free 23 years old, married David DENNY, free 21 years old, at St David's Church Hobart Town. Film 36 Record #713.1
- Death: Elizabeth died on 5 July 1837 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, aged 38? register says date is 10th July 1837. (Aged 35 years and 8 months, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Burial: She was buried on 7 July 1837 in St David's graveyard, Now St David's Park, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, her stone is cemented into the memorial wall in St David's park, where all the gravestones were moved to when they made the cemetery into a public park. It reads - Elizabeth DENNEY, Eldest daughter of W & H CATO of Woobourn, Bedfordshire. Died July 5th 1837. Aged 37 years. Her original burial place in St David's cemetery was plot H001/05301.
- Married Name: Her married name was Denny.
Children of Elizabeth Cato and Daniel Denny
- William Denny b. 21 Sep 1824, d. 9 Sep 1915
- Ann Denny+ b. 18 May 1826, d. b 1894
- James Denny+ b. 2 Jan 1828, d. 13 Aug 1896
- Joseph Denny b. 13 Oct 1829, d. 9 May 1894
- Daniel Filby Denny+ b. 26 Aug 1831, d. 22 Jan 1915
- Hannah Denny+ b. 29 Jul 1833, d. 1912
- Elizabeth Denny+ b. 21 Dec 1834, d. 7 Oct 1917
- Sophia Denny b. 21 Dec 1834, d. 31 Oct 1919
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1824/713.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: DENNY
Given Names: ELIZABETH
Mother/Spouse Given Names:
Registration Place: HOBART
Registration Number: 4865/1837
Reference: RGD 34.