#20137, b. 1773, d. between 1856 and 1861
- Relationship: 6th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Jackson)
- Birth: Jane Brown was born in 1773 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, Other researchers have this birth as 1771, with parents John BROWN and Janet CREAR.
- Marriage: She married John Russell, son of Alexander Russell and Elizabeth Couston, on Thursday, 3 February 1803 in Dunfermline, Scotland, when they were 30 years ~&~ 34 years, 2 months and 19 days old. Not found in IGI records. This is an LDS member submission, but confirmed from Andrew 1905 death certificate as his mother named Jeanie nee BROWN.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1856, at the age of 83 years, Jane was left a widow by the death of John Russell; at 19:30. of old age with no medical attendance. He was married and was living at Netherton Broad Street. Note parents names are listed as Alexander Russell and Jean (nee Brown). Good possibility that the 'mother' is incorrect as I think this is his wife, but must keep researching this just to prove it wrong.2
- Death: Jane died between 1856 and 1861 in Unknown, as John is listed as married when he died in 1856 and she does not appear in the 1861 census. A family researcher has the death year as 1857 in Dunfermline, but this is not sourced.
- Death Assumed: An assumed death before date for Jane, to facilitate the virtual witness function on my web site in 1861. Any supporting evidence is in the Citation.
- Married Name: Her married name was Russell.
Children of Jane Brown and John Russell
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.