#20199, b. 20 June 1815, d. September 1890
- Relationships: 3rd great-grandfather of Sister Susan :-), 5th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 4th great-grandfather of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Samuel Larn Descendent Chart (new style), Pedigree Chart Shirley (Blake), Samuel LARN descendant chart
- Birth: William King was born between 1812 and 1815 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1
- Christening: He was christened on 20 June 1815 in St Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.2
- Marriage: He married Elizabeth Larn Teasdell, daughter of John Teasdell and Sarah Larn, on Sunday, 6 May 1838 in Great Yarmouth, England, when they were 22 years, 10 months and 16 days ~&~ 18 years old. The ceremony was witnessed by John Teasdell. certificate reads - Full age, sailor and gentlewoman. Mews half row and Lion and Lamb Row. Note I have assumed Great Yarmouth, Witnesses - John Teasdell and Sarah Bishop. The groom William and John TEASDALE the Bride's father made their mark, the Bride and Sara Bishop signed the register.1,3
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of John Preston Easter and Mary Ann Harvey King on 16 October 1845 in Great Yarmouth, England; Mary Ann was illiterate.4
- Death of Mother: His mother Sarah King died on 15 May 1850 in Great Yarmouth, England.5
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Mary Ann King was married in March 1864.
- Death of Father: His father Matthew King died on 19 August 1864 in Row 90, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.1,4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Jane King was married in September 1864.
- Marriage of Son: His child William Teasdale King was married on 19 November 1864 in Great Yarmouth, England.6,7,8,3
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Emma Ellen King was married on 18 November 1881 in Great Yarmouth, England.9
- Death: William died on 16 July 1890 in 68 St Peter's Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, He died of Bronchitis (Aged 75 years and 26 days, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Death Reg: William's death was registered in the quarter ended in September 1890 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, Not in the Yarmouth burial register, originals checked. What happened to him?. (His age calculates to 75 years and 2 months).10
- Occupation: William was a sailor or mariner, then later a victualler, then a master gardener, a maltster and a shopkeeper. Possibly the master of the Charlotte who was involved (as a 'passenger') in the death of a beachman in December 1852 on Yarmouth Beach.
- Residence: In 1838 William lived in Mews Half Row, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.11
Children of William King and Elizabeth Larn Teasdell
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, dec 2007.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
BaptismDate 20 Jun 1815
- Copies of original certificates and docs.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, Copy received from Jean Eastoe.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com).
- Letter, Jean Eastoe to Shirley Elrick, 11/4/1999.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
- BDM, British Isles Vital Record CD.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, KING Emma Ellen Yarmouth 4b 11.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Name: William King
Estimated birth year: abt 1814
Year of Registration: 1890
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Age at Death: 76
District: Yarmouth (1837-1924)
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Norfolk
Place Great Yarmouth
Church St Nicholas
MarriageDate 06 May 1838
GroomAbode Mews Half Row
BrideForename Elizabeth Larn
BrideAbode Lion & Lamb Row
BrideFatherOccupation Rope maker
Notes Groom marked x
- Census data as per CD, Piece: RG9/1190 Place: Yarmouth Southern -Norfolk Enumeration District: 2
Civil Parish: Great Yarmouth Ecclesiastical Parish: Christchurch
Folio: 32 Page: 19 Schedule: 77
Address: Gaol Street
Surname, First name(s), Rel, Status, Sex, Age, Occupation, Where Born,
KING, William, Head, M, M, 46, Victualler, Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, Elizabeth, Wife, M, F, 40, - Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, Elizabeth J, Dau, U, F, 19, House Servant, Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, Mary Ann, Dau, U, F, 18, Dressmaker's Appr, Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, Alice S, Dau, U, F, 9, Scholar, Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, Emily, Dau, U, F, 8, Scholar, Norfolk - Yarmouth
KING, John T, Son, U, M, 3, Scholar, Norfolk - Yarmouth.
- Census data as per CD, Household: William KING, Head, M, Male, 66, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Shopkeeper
Elizabeth KING, Wife, M, Female, 60, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Emma KING, Daur, U, Female, 17, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, England House Assistant
Elizabeth DYBALL, Visitor, Female, 14, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, England Scholar
Maria DAVEY, Boarder, W, Female, 77, Caister, Norfolk, England Formerly A Nurse
Dwelling 20 Middlegate Street
Census Place Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Family History Library Film 1341461
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 1909 / 25
Page Number 5.