Laurence Thomas Barwick
#563, b. 3 September 1888, d. 1969
- Father: Stephen Benjamin Barwick b. 17 Nov 1857, d. 30 Mar 1935
- Mother: Mary Jane Kingston b. 6 May 1863
- Birth: Laurence Thomas Barwick was born on 3 September 1888 in Tasmania, Australia.
- Marriage: He married Vera Frances Cato, daughter of Arthur Hilmer Cato and Amy Nichols, on Saturday, 9 May 1914 in At the residence of the bride's father 'Paraclete', Mt Stuart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 25 years, 8 months and 6 days ~&~ 24 years, 5 months and 21 days old. There was 2 months delay in the notice hitting the Mercury? and they seem to have got the names a little wrong? Their Silver Wedding was inserted in Mercury 1939.1,2,3
- Death of Father: His father Stephen Benjamin Barwick died on 30 March 1935 in Richmond, Tasmania, Australia.
- Death: Laurence died in 1969 (Aged 80 years, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Occupation: Laurence was a farmer and orchardist. He was nominated for the Upper House of the Parliament in Tasmania in 1942.
- Will: Laurence Thomas Barwick left a will in 1970 John Lawrence Barwick was named as Executor Left his wife 200 pounds per year (In 1954) and the balance to his son. The value of the estate was $6,851.
Child of Laurence Thomas Barwick and Vera Frances Cato
- John Lawrence Barwick
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CATO
Given Names: VERA FRANCES
Father/Spouse Surname: BARWICK
Mother/Spouse Given Names: LAWRENCE THOMAS
Place: MOUNT STEWART, HOBART
Registration Year: 1914
Registration Number: 606.
- Website Tasmania, Australia, Index to Marriage Notices in The Mercury, 1854-1962 (unknown url) "Vera F Cato
Spouse Name: Laurence T Barwick
Marriage Date: 9 May 1914
Publication Date: 11 Jul 1914."
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Mercury (Hobart, Tas. : 1860 - 1954) Tuesday 9 May 1939 p 1 Family Notices.