Ronald Lavington Cato
#650, b. 18 December 1888, d. 12 May 1935
- Father: Joseph Herbert 'Julian" Cato b. 15 Oct 1860, d. 21 Jul 1947
- Mother: Maria Sidebottom b. 13 Jan 1865, d. 1952
- Relationship: 3rd cousin 3 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Ronald Lavington Cato was born on 18 December 1888 in Tasmania, Australia.1,2
- Marriage: He married Ada Pearl Victoria Webb, daughter of Walter Ernest Webb, on Friday, 3 November 1911 in Campsie, New South Wales, Australia, when they were 18 years ~&~ 22 years, 10 months and 16 days old. Presbyterian rites.3,4
- Divorce: Ronald Lavington Cato and Ada Pearl Victoria Webb were divorced on 21 September 1927; A notice in the Sydney Morning Herald dated 21st September 1927 says - Ronald Lavington Cato v Ada Pearl Victoria Cato. Decrees absolute on the grounds of desertion of Ronald by Ada. Ada did not appear at the hearing.
- (beneficiary) Probate: Ronald Lavington Cato was listed as a beneficiary in William Sidebottom's will on 2 March 1935; There was a court case relating to the Will. In court were representatives of James Roy SIDEBOTTOM, Maria Jane ROBSON, William Lemnal SIDEBOTTOM, Ronald Lavington CATO, Leith CATO and Victoria CATO and her infant children.5
- Death: Ronald died on 12 May 1935 in 135 Racecourse Road, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia, (Aged 46 years, 4 months and 24 days, worked back from recorded birth date).6,7
- Note: This marriage is confirmed from the NOK nomination when he joined the army in 1916.8
- Occupation: Ronald was a clerk, but in 1933 was listed in the voter roll as a merchant.
- Name Variation: He was also known as Reginald Lavington Cato This is the name he used on his millitary enlistment in 1916.
Family of Ronald Lavington Cato and Ada Pearl Victoria Webb
Child of Ronald Lavington Cato and Mary C Bowles
- Bunty Cato7
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CATO
Given Names: RONALD LAVINGTON
Father/Spouse Surname: JULIAN HERBERT
Mother/Spouse Given Names: SIDEBOTTOM MARIA
Registration Place: LAUNCESTON
Registration Number: 41/1889
Reference: RGD 33.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1889/41.
- Aust War Memorial nominal, online http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/doc/contacts.asp
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) Tuesday 22 February 1927.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, Advocate (Burnie, Tas. : 1890 - 1954) Saturday 2 March 1935 p 7 Article.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory, 8989/1935 CATO RONALD L HERBERT MARIA J.
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, CATO. — May 12, 1935, at his residence, 134 Racecourse road, Randwick, Ronald Lavington Cato, dearly loved husband of Mary Cato, and father of Bunty, beloved son of Mrs. F. G. Robson, of Canada, grandson of the late W. Sidebottom, of Launces- ton, and nephew of Mrs. Olive Campbell and Lem Sidebottom.
- DB - NSW BDM on line, online http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory
- Australian Voter Rolls 1901 - 1936, online http://search.ancestry.com.au
- Australian War Memorial Roll of Honour, online http://www.awm.gov.au