John Clarke Beckwith
#660, b. before 1833, d. 13 May 1905
- Birth: John Clarke Beckwith was born before 1833.1
- Marriage License: He and an unknown person obtained a marriage license on 27 March 1854 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia; a license to marry was issued.5
- Marriage: He married Sophia Denny, daughter of Daniel Denny and Elizabeth Cato, on Tuesday, 28 March 1854 in Wesleyan Chapel Melville Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. The ceremony was witnessed by Joseph Cato and Hannah Denny.2,3
- Death: John died on 13 May 1905 in Tasmania, Australia.4
- Residence: In between 1866 and 1867 John Clarke lived in Elizabeth Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.6
- Residence: In 1870 John Clarke lived in Butterworth Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. He also owned a house and land at 4 Lower Queen Street that was being lived in by James BEARD, and other property.7
- Will: John Clarke Beckwith left a will in 1905 in Tasmania, Australia, Thomas Roskell Coleman was named as Executor Beckwith John Clarke 1905 AD960/26 248 6584
Probated June 1905 - John Clarke Beckwith, late of New Town, Tasmania. Died New Town 13th May, 1905. Executors were James Clarke, gentleman of New Town, and Thomas Roskell Coleman, of Moonah, orchardist.
He left only his household furnite to his wife Sophia, with the reason that she had been adequately catered for already.
Lots more work to be done to decipher the contents.8
Family of John Clarke Beckwith and Sophia Denny
- Conclusion of, Shirley.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: DENNY
Given Names: SOPHIA
Father/Spouse Surname: BECKWITH
Mother/Spouse Given Names: JOHN CLARKE
Spouse Age: Adult
Spouse Sex: M
Registration Place: HOBART
Registration Number: 814/1854
Reference: RGD 37.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, BECKWITH, John Clarke CM 53607 Age: A Marriage
Spouse: DENNY, Sophia Age: M
Marriage Date: 28 Mar 1854
Reg Year: 1854 Reg State: Tasmania
Ref Number: 814.
- Trove - Australian Newspapers on line, online http://trove.nla.gov.au
- Tasmanian Archives database: NS 499/106 #70 (not yet viewed.
- Website Residents of Hobart 1867 (http://www.fortunecity.com//lavendar/pimlico/20/hobart1.txt).
- Glenda Frank MOSER, "eMail from Glenda Frank MOSER," e-mail to Shirley Elrick, various, Hobart Town Gazette 1870, page 1406 image 1417.
- Tasmanian Wills 1825 - 1915, online http://digital.statelibrary.tas.gov.au, 1905 AD960/26 248 6584.