Jean Franklin Beattie1
#687, b. 15 November 1895, d. March 1928
- Father: John Watt Beattie b. 15 Aug 1859, d. 22 Jun 1930
- Mother: Emily Cox Cato b. 9 Jun 1865, d. 12 Feb 1937
- Relationship: 3rd cousin 3 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Jean Franklin Beattie was born on 15 November 1895 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.2,3
- Death: Jean died in March 1928 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 32 years and 3 months, worked back from recorded birth date).4
- Burial: She was buried on 14 March 1968 in Carre-Villa cemetery, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, I think the date of 1928 was incorrect. There was nothing in the papers around this date, she is said to be 72, and she was still alive, and working for the Tasmanian Railways in 1930 when her father died. Her Will, which has an error so can't be dowloaded, was probated in 1968. I also found her mentioned on her grandmother's Headstone.5
- Occupation: Jean was a secretary.
- Name Variation: She was also known as Jean Beattie.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, BEATTIE, Jean Franklin CB 115026 Birth
Sex: Female Father: John Watt
Mother: Cato Emily Cox
Event Date: 15 Nov 1895
Reg Year: 1895 Reg State: Tasmania
Ref Number: 11.
- Tasmanian Family Link, online http://www.eos.tased.edu.au/pioneers/taslink3
- Conclusion of, Shirley, Assumed from unconfirmed Burial date.
- Tas cemeteries database, online http://eheritage.statelibrary.tas.gov.au, BEATTIE Jean Franklin 72 Cremation 14-Mar-1928 WARRANE.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "
Australia, Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980 about Muriel Denison Beattie
Name: Muriel Denison Beattie
Electoral Year: 1936
Subdistrict: Hobart North."