William Raymond Cato1
#22468, b. 17 April 1914, d. 1995
- Father: Garnet Raymond Cato1 b. 20 Nov 1886, d. 10 Oct 1931
- Mother: Victoria May Ward1 b. 1888, d. a 1913
- Relationship: 4th cousin 2 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: William Raymond Cato was born on 17 April 1914 in Woollongong, New South Wales, Australia.1
- Death of Father: His father Garnet Raymond Cato died on 10 October 1931 in Northcote, Victoria, Australia.2
- Death: William died in 1995 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, (Aged 80 years, worked back from recorded birth date).3
- Description: At the age of 17 years William Raymond Cato was described as 5 foot 6 inches, 137 pounds, chest measurement of 32 - 34 inches. Passed as fit.
- Occupation: William was bag and T print maker.
- Residence: In 1932 William Raymond lived in 230 St George's Road, Northcote, Victoria, Australia. Residential Address.1
- Residence: In 1932 William Raymond lived in ? Bros, 46 Regent Street, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Business Address.1
- Various various, by unknown photographer, Attestation form for enlisting in the Militia.
- Digger - Vic BMD Digger databases on CD, 1931/15783.
- Emails from interested feloow researchers, online see Citation Detail, Ian - a direct descendent.
- UK National Register of Archives - Historical Manuscripts Commission, online http://www.hmc.gov.uk/, Name CATO, WILLIAM RAYMOND
Service Australian Army
Service Number VX69689
Date of Birth 17 Apr 1914
Place of Birth SYDNEY, NSW
Date of Enlistment 26 Dec 1941
Locality on Enlistment THORNBURY, VIC
Place of Enlistment CAULFIELD, VIC
Next of Kin CATO, ETHEL
Date of Discharge 14 Feb 1946
Rank Lance Corporal
Posting at Discharge 2/19 TRANSPORT PLATOON
WW2 Honours and Gallantry None for display
Prisoner of War No.