#22493, b. 1793, d. 25 March 1866
- Relationship: 2nd cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Birth: Philip Chugg was born in 1793 in Combe Martin, Devon, England, In 1861 he said it was Ilfracombe.1
- Marriage: He married Joanna Stanbury on Saturday, 26 December 1818 in West Down, Devon, England, when they were 23 years and 6 months ~&~ 25 years old.2,3
- Marriage of Son: His child John Chugg was married on 4 September 1844 in Ilfracombe, Devon, England.4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Elizabeth Chugg was married on 29 April 1846 in West Down, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child Philip Chugg was married on 3 May 1847 in West Down, England.4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Catherine Chugg was married on 22 April 1849 in West Down, England.4,5
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Mary Chugg was married on 13 July 1850 in West Down, England.4
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Ann Chugg was married on 29 July 1857 in West Down, England.4
- Marriage of Son: His child William Chugg was married in June 1859 in Registration District of, Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales.4,6
- Marriage of Son: His child William Chugg was married on 12 December 1863 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, USA.1
- Death: Philip died on 25 March 1866 in 2 Wellington Street, Canton, Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales, Refer to source notes regarding the discrepancy in his age at death (Aged 73 years, worked back from recorded birth date).7,8
- Burial: He was buried on 30 March 1866 in Cathedral, Llandaff, Glamorganshire, Wales, Location from Karen CHANEY, via email.
- Occupation: Philip was an agricultural labourer and a husbandman.
Children of Philip Chugg and Joanna Stanbury
- John Chugg+4 b. 19 Mar 1819, d. 11 Jan 1903
- Elizabeth Chugg4 b. 17 Feb 1822
- Philip Chugg+4 b. 1 Feb 1824, d. 3 Dec 1887
- Mary Chugg4 b. 16 Apr 1826, d. 28 Jun 1878
- Catherine Chugg+4 b. 25 Jan 1829, d. 9 Oct 1916
- William Chugg4 b. 21 Jan 1832, d. 4 Sep 1832
- Ann Chugg+4 b. 15 Sep 1833, d. 30 Mar 1910
- Jane Chugg4 b. 14 Feb 1836, d. 23 Oct 1857
- William Chugg+1 b. 25 Nov 1837, d. 17 Aug 1924
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Jacobs family tree (Owner: AJ1966)."
- Parish register entries 1813-1837 printed index, by unknown, CHUGG PHILIP STANBURY JOHANNA 1818 12 26 WEST DOWN.
- Parish register entries 1813-1837 printed index, by unknown, printout of burials supplied by DFHS -.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "LOVERING family tree (Owner: spacegirl1975)."
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Chappel, John and Chugg, Catherine - Barnstaple 10/47.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Jeffery Mary Cardiff 11a 384.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Glamorganshire
Church Parish Church
BurialDate 30 Mar 1866
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "A quote from a message posted on ancestry -
"""I have received a certified copy of the death certificate of Philip Chugg, the father of Elizabeth Chugg Harris b. 1821. The certificate indicates that Philip Chugg died at 62 Wellington Street, Canton, Cardiff, Wales. The informant is James Harris, same address. Philip died of senilis certified. The age for Philip is given as 88 years, a mistake of about 13 years in age. I have seen several postings by other researchers indicating a death in 1859, which appears to be in error.""" - posted by echo92 in 2005."