#22835, b. 12 August 1658, d. 6 March 1719
- Relationship: 10th great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree Chart Madison (Jackson)
- Christening: Margaret Cleghorn was christened on 12 August 1658 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.2,3
- Marriage: She married James Penman, son of John Penman and Margaret Dowgall, on Monday, 20 April 1676 in Torryburn, Fife, Scotland, when they were 26 years, 5 months and 11 days ~&~ 17 years, 8 months and 8 days old. Possibly 2nd April.4
- Death of Father: Her father Edward Cleghorn died in 1682.
- Marriage of Son: Her child Edward Penman was married on 31 May 1702 in Edinburgh City Parish, Midlothian, Scotland.5
- Marriage of Son: Her child George Penman was married on 7 August 1713 in Torryburn, Scotland.6
- Death: Margaret died on 6 March 1719 in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, (Aged 60 years, 6 months and 22 days, worked back from recorded birth date).7
- Num Child: Margaret Cleghorn had 18 children.
- Married Name: Her married name was Penman.1
- Name Variation: She was also known as Marion Cleghorn.2
Children of Margaret Cleghorn and James Penman
- John Penman1 b. 11 Feb 1677
- Marion Penman6 b. 7 Jul 1678
- Edward Penman6 b. 6 May 1679
- Margaret Penman6 b. 2 Apr 1680
- James Penman8 b. 12 Mar 1681, d. 3 Mar 1745
- Janet (Jonnet) Penman6 b. 15 May 1683
- Rebecca Penman6 b. 27 Dec 1685
- Marion Penman6 b. 28 Nov 1686
- George Penman+1 b. 17 Jan 1688
- Agnes Penman+6 b. 12 Feb 1690
- Helen Penman6 b. 2 Dec 1692
- Elspet Penman6 b. 2 Dec 1693
- Kathrine Penman6 b. 31 Oct 1694
- Jannet Penman6 b. 31 Mar 1696
- Thomas Penman+6 b. 29 Jun 1699
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C119786 1688 - 1692.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C119781 1657 - 1668.
- R and Dietert J Dietert, The Edinburgh Goldsmiths II, Margaret bp 12 Aug 1658 She became James Penman freeman's wife and Edward Penman freeman's mother; witnessed by George Cleghorne, goldsmith.
- Website rootsweb (http://rootsweb.com) "Penman one name study - Edinburgh Marriage Register 1595 - 1700
Page: 542 - Penman James, goldsmith; Margaret Cleghorne, married by Mr. William Ann and, Dean 20 Apr 1676
GRO: 685/01 0090 0018
02 Apr 1680 Edinburgh
James Penman, Goldsmith, Margaret Cleghorn a D: N Margaret.
Witness Thomas Fairholm, ?? (sorry, can't get that word) Baillie, Edwar d Cleghorne, Goldsmith, John Penman, Merchant, George Mitchell, Merchan tPage: Page: 85
Text: Chart of the Cleghorne-Penman Families on Page 85Page: Page: 542; James Penman and Margaret Cleghorne marriage 1676
Text: Edinburgh Marriage Register 1595 - 1700
Penman James, goldsmith; Margaret Cleghorne, married by Mr. William Ann and, Dean 20 Apr 1676 ****."
- Henry Paton M.A., Marriages Edinburgh to 1900 vol 16.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), LDS member submission.
- Find a Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C119784 1680 - 1684.