#22838, b. 16 September 1671, d. May 1705
- Relationship: 11th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Christening: Edward Cleghorn was christened on 16 September 1671 in Edinburgh Parish, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland. Edward bp 17 Sep 1671 later a freeman; witnesses were John Penman late Baillie and James Synmington, goldsmith.1,2
- Death of Father: His father Edward Cleghorn died in 1682.
- Marriage: Edward Cleghorn married Janet Cleghorn, daughter of James Cleghorn, on Thursday, 27 February 1698.2
- Death cause: Death was caused by a fall from his horse.2
- Death: Edward died in May 1705, as reported in the Edinburgh Courant 14th May 1705. (Aged 33 years and 7 months, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Occupation: Edward was a goldsmith, apprenticed to James PENMAN 28/12/1686 (which was after his father's death). During his career, Cleghorne (2) served as Deacon of the Incorporation between the years 1702-04 and trained two important goldsmiths, Richard Rae and Thomas Mitchell.
- Will: Edward Cleghorn left a will on 8 November 1705 Not yet obtained. When I do send a copy to Dave POwell.
Family of Edward Cleghorn and Janet Cleghorn
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C119782 1669 - 1675.
- R and Dietert J Dietert, The Edinburgh Goldsmiths II.