#1183, b. 28 October 1866, d. February 1940
Renovated cottage in battery point. Not the one Martha lived in, but I am sure they were all very similar
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Elrick), Madison and Daniel
- Birth: Martha Coe was born on 28 October 1866 in Montpelier Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.1
- Death of Father: Her father Daniel Coe died on 22 September 1887 in Francis Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.2
- Death of Mother: Her mother Elizabeth Coe died on 15 July 1889 in General Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.3
- Marriage: Martha Coe married John Alexander Elrick, son of John Elrick and Mary Grant, on Monday, 26 November 1894 in 34 Kelly Street, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, when they were 27 years, 9 months and 4 days ~&~ 28 years and 29 days old. The ceremony was witnessed by Daniel Coe. by Presbyterian minister James Scott, witnessed by Daniel COE and Elizabeth LONE. Possibly recorded in St Andrew's Church register of marriages. Thyra has the original marriage certificate.4
- (Widow) Death: In 1909, at the age of 42 years, 5 months and 13 days, Martha was left a widow by the death of John Alexander Elrick; after a fight in a public house. He made it home but died overnight. Possible index number 0441??
- Marriage of Son: Her child Edward Stanley Elrick was married on 15 July 1928 in St David's Cathedral, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.5
- Death: Martha died in February 1940 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, (Aged 73 years and 3 months, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Burial: She was buried on 26 February 1940 in Cornelian Bay Cemetery, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.6
- Married Name: Her married name was Elrick.
- Anecdote: LOST, American Coin Brooch, on Monday Evening, November 6, at Stacey Ball. Please return, Mrs. Elrick, 36, Cromwell street, Battery Point.
- Residence: In 1920 Martha lived in 54 Montpelier Road, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.7
- Residence: In 1940 Martha lived in 7 Lockner Street, West Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.8
Children of Martha Coe and John Alexander Elrick
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 33/8863.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1887/955 33/955.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 33/656.
- BDM in Australia, Aust Vital Records 1788-1905, 1894/231.
- Digger - Tas BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: WALPOLE
Given Names: Thyra Mavis
Father/Spouse Surname: ELRICK
Mother/Spouse Given Names: Edward Stanley
Place: ST. DAVIDS CATHEDRAL, HOBART
Registration Year: 1928
Registration Number: 248.
- Unknown author, South Reg cemetery trust fiche, Plot details CE GG - 117.
- 1921-1922 Wises Tasmanian Postoffice Directory.
- Unknown author, South Reg cemetery trust fiche.
- Australian Voter Rolls 1901 - 1936, online http://search.ancestry.com.au