#1305, b. 1897, d. 20 October 1959
No proof this is Helen RUSSELL - but I can see the resemblance. Photo came from the JACKSON household and is now in the keeping of Paul JACKSON
- Father: James Russell b. 1 Feb 1866, d. 1 May 1936
- Mother: Sarah Sharp b. 6 Jun 1864, d. 21 Jan 1913
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandmother of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Johnson descendant chart, William WATLING descendant chart, Pedigree Chart Madison (Jackson)
- Birth: Helen Russell was born in 1897 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.
- Death of Mother: Her mother Sarah Russell died on 21 January 1913 in Limekilns, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.1,2
- Marriage: Helen Russell married Geoffrey Earle Jackson, son of Alfred Jackson and Louisa Johnson, on Saturday, 7 July 1917 in Canongate, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, when they were 22 years, 1 month and 20 days ~&~ 20 years old. Certificate reads: At 4 Royal Terrace, Edinburgh. After Publication according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland, Geoffrey Edric JACKSON, 22, Bachelor, Fisherman, (A.B. Seaman Royal Navy) on active service son of:- Geoffrey Jackson, Bootmaker (journeyman) deceased and Louisa JACKSON, m.s. JOHNSON to Helen RUSSELL, 19, Spinster, domestic servant, 2a Greenside Place, Edinburgh daughter of:- James RUSSELL Iron Moulder and Sarah RUSSELL m.s. Sharp deceased. Signed by James GILLAN, minister of the church of Scotland. Witnessed by Margaret Robertson and Helen Cumming.1
- Death of Father: Her father James Russell died on 1 May 1936 in Water Row, Wellwood, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.3
- Marriage of Son: Her child Ralph Gordon Russell Jackson was married in 1946 in Acle, Norfolk, England.
- Death: Helen died on 20 October 1959 in Gorleston Hospital, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 62 years, worked back from recorded birth date).4,5
- Burial: She was buried on 27 October 1959 in Caister Cemetery Location G151, Caister-on-sea, Norfolk, England.5
- Occupation: Helen was a domestic servant before she married.1
- Married Name: Her married name was Jackson.
- Residence: In 1957 Helen and Geoffrey lived in an unknown place.
Children of Helen Russell and Geoffrey Earle Jackson
- Jackson/Russell Marriage Certificate.
- John Fowler Mitchell and Sheila Mitchell, Scotland MI West Fife.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: JACKSON, Helen
Registration district: Yarmouth
Year of registration: 1959
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at death: 62
Volume no: 4B
Page no: 439.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "Name: Helen Jackson
Death Age: 62
Birth Date: abt 1897
Death Date: abt 1959
Death Place: Gorleston Hospital
Burial Date: 27 Oct 1959
Burial Place: Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Cemetery Section: G. -
Grave Number: 151
Interment Number: 12045
Cemetery Notes: Consecrated."
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "1901 census
Name: James Russell
Estimated birth year: abt 1867
Spouse's name : Sarah
Where born: Dunfermline, Fifeshire
Registration Number: 424
Registration district: Dunfermline
Civil parish: Dunfermline
Address: Warrington Sq
Household schedule number: 148
James Russell 34
Sarah Russell 35
James Russell 11
John Russell 9
Sarah N Russell 5
Helen Russell 3."