#1318, b. circa 1782, d. 20 August 1854
- Relationship: 5th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (McBain)
- Birth: Robert Dare was born circa 1782 in England Possible christening from IGI extracted record is Robt. born 29th November 1782 and christened 29th Dec 1782 in Independent, Charmouth, Dorset. Parents Robt. and Mary DARE.
- Marriage License: He and Jane Bennett obtained a marriage license on 21 August 1820 in St John the Evangelist, London, Greater London, England; certificate 0181837. Robert Dare appeared personally and made oath that he is of the parish of St John the Evangelist *unreadable* in the county of Middlesex, a bachelor of above 21 years. He took out a license to marry Jane Bennett a spinster of the same parish (for at least 4 weeks past) on 21st August 1820. The license was issued by the Dean and Chapter of Westminster**.1
- Marriage: Robert Dare married Jane Bennett, daughter of Philip Bennett and Elizabeth Roberts, on Tuesday, 22 August 1820 in St John the Evangelist, Smith Square, Westminster, London, Greater London, England. from a copy of the actual Marriage Register Entry as supplied by City of Westminster. Witnesses were Charles PIGDEN and Prudence BRISTEE. * Details of this fascinating church, which is now a concert venue with a restaurant in the crypt, can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John%27s,_Smith_Square.1
- Marriage of Son: His child John Dare was married on 17 September 1845 in Kensington, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.2
- Death: Robert died on 20 August 1854 in Bowden, South Australia, Australia, It is also noted in the first volume of The Register, page 269. This is a list of the notices that were put in the South Australian News Paper "The Register" between 1836 and 1859 which have a Dorset Connection. These entries were extracted by Jill Morley from. 'Register Personal Notices' Edited By Reg Butler and Alan Phillips and published 1990 by Gould Books in South Australia. Some explanatory notes have been added by Jill Morley.4
- Occupation: Robert was Currier, a type of tanner.5
- EmigratAU: He emigrated to Australia on 24 September 1846 in ship 'Competitor' from England. This is most likely Robert's arrival. See research tag. See exhibit newspaper clipping dated 12th October 1846.3
Children of Robert Dare and Jane Bennett
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), patron sheet 0960640 - 1553382 Film NONE.
- Family History South Australia Info, online http://www.familyhistorysa.info/, DARE Robert arrived 1846-09-24 on Competitor from London 1846-05-21 [Source:6,7].
- Digger - South Australian Deaths 1842 - 1915, Surname: DARE
Given Names: Robert
Relative: Joseph DARE (PR)
Death Place: (not recorded)
District Code: Ade
- John Dare, Death certificate for John Dare.
- The Abbott Index of SA newspaper contents, from 1836, Page 2 Col A.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), England and Wales, Non-Conformist Record Indexes (RG4-8)
spouse: Robert Dare
record title: England and Wales, Non-Conformist Record Indexes (RG4-8)
name: Philip Dare
event type: Baptism
christening date: 06 Nov 1825
christening place: Shaftesbury, Dorset
father's name: Robert Dare
mother's name: Jane Dare
record set: RG4_0466.