#31784, b. between 1825 and 1828, d. 7 May 1907
- Relationships: 2nd cousin 5 times removed of Sister Susan :-), 2nd cousin 7 times removed of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 2nd cousin 6 times removed of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: Edwin Chittock was born between 1825 and 1828 in St Luke's, Chelsea, Greater London, England.1
- Marriage: He married Mary Ann Minns, daughter of James Minns, on Tuesday, 1 March 1853 in St Jude's Church, Chelsea, Greater London, England.2,1
- Death Reg: Edwin's death was registered in the quarter ended in 1907 in the Berwick registration district, aged 80. This is Berwick in Victoria, Australia.4
- Death: Edwin died on 7 May 1907 in Berwick, Victoria, Australia.1
- Burial: He was buried on 10 May 1907 in Cemetery - Baptist 374, Ararat, Victoria, Australia.5
- Occupation: Edwin was a tailor. He was also a shareholder in the Ararat Quartz Gold Mining Co. as of 1878.1
- EmigratAU: He and Mary Ann Minns emigrated to Australia in November 1860 in ship 'Morning Star'. Possibly landed in Aukland.3
- Residence: In 8 July 1865 Edwin Chittock lived University Street, Carlton, Victoria, Australia. He applied for an adjustment of the Real Property Act for land described as 'Part of allotment 16 in section 36, Melbourne North, Parish of Jika-Jika. Commencing 94 feet west from the northeast corner, thence bearing further west 16 feet with a depth therefrom of 56 feet. This is not a large piece of land so I assume it was, or was going to be a house or a shop. The street is not named in the notice.6
- Will: Edwin Chittock left a will on 4 July 1907 Mary Ann Chittock was named as Executor The estate was valued at £426, and Mary Ann was the sole beneficiary.7
- Lyn D, CHITTOCK research in "Lyn D information via email," listserve message 2010.
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, saved as chittock edwin marriage.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, First name(s) Charlotte
Last name Chittock
Birth year 1859
Departure port London
Arrival year 1860
Arrival month Dec
Arrival port Auckland
Ship name Morning Star
Record set Victoria inward passenger lists 1839-1923
Category Travel & migration
Subcategory Passenger lists
Collections from Australia & New Zealand.
- Digger - Vic BMD Digger databases on CD, Surname: CHITTOCK
Given Names: Edwin
Spouse Surname/Father: Chittock Ellis
Spouse Gvn Names/Mother: Charl HAYES
Death Place: Berwick
Reg. Number: 3732.
- Lyn D, CHITTOCK research in "Lyn D information via email," listserve message 2010, Edwin died 1907 at Berwick & was buried at Ararat Cemetery, in the same grave as his daughter. The informant of his death was George Marriott, Nephew of Berwick.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Victorian Government Gazette 1865.
- Public Records Office of Victoria: Given Name Edwin
File number 102/797
Death Date 7 May 1907
Death Date notes
Grant Date 4 Jul 1907
Grant Date notes
Nature of Grant P