#35373, b. 4 February 1733, d. 21 March 1816
- Relationships: 6th great-uncle of Sister Susan :-), 8th great-uncle of My granddaughter Madison :-D, 7th great-uncle of Cousin Sarah Louise :-)
- Birth: Clement Chittock was born in 1733 in Unknown I believe he is the son of Ellis and Mary Goodwin born 1732.2
- Christening: He was christened on 4 February 1733 in St Mary the Virgin, Pulham, Norfolk, England.1
- Marriage: He married Rebecca Swan on Monday, 18 May 1767 in Greater London, England. Either in St George Hanover Sq or St Martins in the Fields. By License from the Archbishop of Canterbury.3
- (Widow) Death: In 1786 Clement was left a widower by the death of Rebecca Chittock.
- Marriage: Clement Chittock married Ann (?) on Friday, 28 April 1786 in St Alphages, Kent, England, when they were 51 years ~&~ 53 years, 2 months and 24 days old. Clement was from St Mary's Northgate (Canterbury).4,5
- Death of Father: His father Ellis Chittock died in 1810.
- Death: Clement died on 21 March 1816 in Prince of Organge Street, Canterbury, Kent, England, (Aged 83 years, 1 month and 17 days, worked back from recorded birth date).2,6,7
- Burial: He was buried on 28 March 1816 in Canterbury, Kent, England.
- Residence: In 1777 Clement lived in Canterbury, Kent, England. Clement insured a house for £100.8
- Residence: In 1790 Clement lived in Canterbury, England. He appears in the list of Gentry, which by a process of eliminiation means he is NOT a member of the Clergy. The Universal British Directory of Trade, Commerce and Manufacture. (1790) C A N T E R B U R Y, KENT
- tax: He was included in taxation records in Canterbury, England, in 1798. He owned and occupied the building and the tax was £1/16/-. He also owned, but did not occupy, property in St Alphage's.9
Family of Clement Chittock and Rebecca Swan
Family of Clement Chittock and Ann (?)
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Norfolk
Church St Mary the Virgin
BaptismDate 04 Feb 1732/33
- Will, Will copies saved to home computer,.
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Middlesex
Place St Martin in the Fields
Church St George Hanover Square Tr
MarriageDate 18 May 1767
GroomParish St Giles Mdx
Notes Licence from the Archbishop of Canterbury
- Free parish registers, online http://www.freereg.org.uk, Clement and Ann READ 1/5/1786 in St Alphage, Canterbury. Clem Chittock of St Mary North Cant yeo wid & Ann Read of St Alph Cant wid, at St Alph. 28 Apr 1786. - Book: Volume 32 - Collection: Kent, Surrey, London: - Canterbury Marriage Licences, 1781-1809 (Marriage).
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "London, England, Extracted Parish Records about Clem Chittock Ann Read
Text: Clem Chittock of St Mary North Cant yeo wid & Ann Read of St Alph Cant wid, at St Alph. 28 Apr 1786.
Book: Volume 32
Collection: Kent, Surrey, London: - Canterbury Marriage Licences, 1781-1809 (Marriage)."
- International Genealogical Index (IGI),
name: Clement Chittock
burial date: 28 Mar 1816
burial place: Canterbury, Kent, England
indexing project (batch) number: I00806-3
system origin: England-EASy
source film number: 1.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Kentish Weekly Post or Canterbury Journal 22 March 1816.
- Correspondence on line index, by unknown photographer, Unique Project ID 12249
Register Date/ Company/ Reference 1777 SUN 1 259 051179 ML
Policy Number 385619
Insured Value in £s 100
Address Type unspecified place
Place Name 1 CANTERBURY.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "on line document sighted."