#1788, b. 9 December 1832, d. 11 May 1923
This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Pool of Muckhart from the top of Seamab. Date Tuesday, 15 August, 1995. Source Geograph http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/608523. Author Ruari
- Relationship: 4th great-grandfather of My granddaughter Madison :-D
- Charts: Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree (compressed), Pedigree (paged), Pedigree (wide), Pedigree (indented), Pedigree Chart Madison (Jackson)
- Birth: John Sharp was born in 1832 in Muckhart, Clackmannanshire, Scotland.
- Christening: He was christened on 9 December 1832 in Muckhart, Scotland. 1871 says born in Mackait, Perthshire.2
- Marriage: He married Sarah Neish, daughter of Andrew Neish and Margaret Reid, on Friday, 21 August 1857 in Torryburn, Fife, Scotland, when they were 24 years, 8 months and 12 days ~&~ 24 years old. Grooms parents are James SHARP and Margaret SCOTLAND and the brides are And. NEISH and Marg REID.1,3
- (present at death) Death: In 1883 John Sharp was listed on the death certificate of James Sharp as being present at his death; Register reads - Dairyman, widower of Margaret SCOTLAND and Agnes NICHOL, aged 84. Parents were Andrew SHARP, a blacksmith, and Mary nee LAMBERT, both deceased. He died of general paralysis 11 months. His son John was present at his death.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Sarah Sharp was married on 2 January 1888 in 13 Rose Street, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland.1
- (Widow) Death: In 1888, at the age of 55 years, 10 months and 27 days, John was left a widower by the death of Sarah Sharp; The certificate says she was married to John SHARP a jobbing blacksmith, and she died at 18:30. Her parents were Andrew NEISH a ploughman and Magdalene nee REID. Only Magdalene was deceased. John her husband was present at her death.
- Marriage of Son: His child James Sharp was married on 14 July 1892.4
- Death: John died on 11 May 1923 in 37 Holyrood Place, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, death certificate says senile debility, aged 90. He was the widower of Sarah NEISH and the informant was James SHARP his son. He was the son of James SHARP, Farm Grieve and Margaret nee SCOTLAND, both deceased (Aged 90 years, 5 months and 2 days, worked back from recorded birth date).
Children of John Sharp and Sarah Neish
- Marriage Certificate.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), C113852 1698-1854 1040131 Film 6903098 Film.
- International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch number: M114581.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "family tree of Owner: ridnj."
- Certificate or Original Parish Reg Entry, Extract from original records, downloaded.
- Census data as per CD, Dwelling: 13 Rose St.
Census Place: Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland
Source: FHL Film 0203520 GRO Ref Volume 424 EnumDist 6 Page 16
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
John SHARP M 48 M Muckhart, Clackmannan, Scotland
Sarah SHARP M 47 F Inverkeithing, Fife, Scotland
Margaret SHARP U 23 F Saline, Fife, Scotland
Occ: Linen Weaver
James SHARP U 21 M Saline, Fife, Scotland
Occ: Coal Miner
Andrew SHARP U 20 M Saline, Fife, Scotland
Occ: Coal Miner
Sarah SHARP U 16 F Beath, Fife, Scotland
Occ: Linen Weaver
James SHARP W 86 M Dollar, Clackmannan, Scotland
Occ: Dairyman (Out Of Employ).
- International Genealogical Index (IGI).