Garson James Blake1
#36129, b. 1839, d. 1921
- Father: Garson Blake1 b. 15 Jul 1814, d. Jun 1878
- Mother: Elizabeth Lovewell Laws1 b. 7 Feb 1814, d. Sep 1901
- Relationship: Uncle of Garson Henry Lovewell Blake :possibly Garson Edric JOHNSON's (later Geoffrey JACKSON) natural father?
- Charts: Blake (Essex) descendant chart, Blake descendant chart
- Birth: Garson James Blake was born in 1839 in Gorleston, Norfolk, England.1
- Birth Reg: Garson's birth was registered in the quarter ended in March 1839 in the Mutford, Gorleston registration district. Also from tartanmaggie's family tree on ancestry.1
- Marriage: He married Harriet Elizabeth Dixon, daughter of Charles Dixon and Anna M W Speare, on Thursday, 4 October 1866 in Braintree, Essex, England, when they were 21 years ~&~ 27 years old.2,3
- Marr Reg: The marriage of Garson and Harriet Elizabeth Dixon was registered in the quarter ended December 1866 in the Braintree registration district.2
- (Admin_beneficiary_2) Probate: In 1878 Garson James Blake became one of the administrators named in the probate documents of Garson Blake; His effects were valued at under £3,000.
- (Widow) Death: In 1881, at the age of 42 years, Garson was left a widower by the death of Harriet Elizabeth Blake.4
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1899 Garson James Blake became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of Harriet Elizabeth Dixon; The Estate was valued at £648, and it was not actioned until 18 years after her death.
- Marriage of Daughter: His child Marion Spear Blake was married in September 1906 in Registration District of, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.5
- Marriage of Son: His child Evan Stratton Blake was married in September 1910 in Great Yarmouth, England.6
- Death: Garson died in 1921 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, (Aged 82 years, worked back from recorded birth date).
- Death Reg: Garson's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1921 in the Great Yarmouth registration district, aged 82. (His age calculates to 82 years).7
- Occupation: Garson was a banker's clerk, and also a amateur vocalist. He appeared at the Sailor's Home in 1864 with J READ and GILES, singing What are the Wild Waves Saying.8
- Directory: He was listed in a directory issued in 1910 as Builder's Merchants with a telephone number of Yarmouth 119. his address was North Quay, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England.9
Children of Garson James Blake and Harriet Elizabeth Dixon
- Katherine Dixon Blake b. Sep 1867, d. Jun 1943
- Annie Maude Blake b. 1869, d. Mar 1960
- Charles Dixon Blake b. 6 Jan 1870, d. 1889
- Hugh Garson Blake b. 27 Dec 1870
- Marion Spear Blake+ b. Mar 1873, d. Jun 1939
- Walter Laws Blake b. 1875, d. Mar 1957
- Harriet Mabel Silvess Blake b. Sep 1875, d. 22 Jan 1963
- Evan Stratton Blake b. Dec 1877, d. 1964
- Ellen Mary S Blake b. Sep 1879, d. Dec 1884
- Bertha Lovewell Blake b. Sep 1881, d. 28 Mar 1965
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Blake Garson James Mutford &c 13 431.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Baintree Essex Dec 1866 4a/703.
- British newspapers Nat Lib AU, The Bury and Norwich Post, and Suffolk Herald (Bury Saint Edmunds, England), Tuesday, October 09, 1866; pg. 6; Issue 4398. (442 words).
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Harriet Elizabeth Blake
Name: Harriet Elizabeth Blake
Probate Date: 8 Mar 1899
Death Date: 9 Jul 1881
Death Place: Great Yarmouth
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, GRIGGS Ernest George Yarmouth 4b 58.
- Free UK BDM index from 1837, online http://freebmd.rootsweb.com, Platten Elizabeth M Yarmouth 4b 51.
- Find my past web sites, online http://www.findmypast.com or http://www.findmypast.com.au, Civil Registration event: Death
Name: BLAKE, Garson J
Registration District: Help Yarmouth
Year of Registration: 1921
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at death: 82
Volume No: 4B
Page No: 43.
- Wikipedia, What are the wild Waves saying? Refrain, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "British Phone Books, 1880-1984 Record for Garson Blake
1910 > Metropolitan / Midland / Southern / Western > page 1042."
- John OWEN and Mark PIERSON, 15th August 1866, Lovewell's siblings were as follows - Garson James 27 single lives here.