Dorothea Adelaide Lawry Pugh Jones
#37249, b. 1875, d. March 1955
This doc shows a planning application for Ynysgain Ganol. I am not certain this is Dorothea's house, as she said it had 15 rooms in 1911, but it is the only 'listed' building in the area. Also it does not look to be from Charles I's time. Interesting none the less
- Father: Robert Pughe Jones b. 1837, d. 5 Sep 1896
- Mother: Adelaide Mary Blake b. 17 Mar 1848, d. 19 Sep 1875
- Charts: Blake (Norwich) descendant chart
- Birth: Dorothea Adelaide Lawry Pugh Jones was born in 1875 in Norwood, Surrey, England, Not in free reg or free bmd, nor any sign of a christening. Said to be Norwich in 1881 census, but Norwood, Surrey, in every other index.
- Death of Mother: Her mother Adelaide Mary Jones died on 19 September 1875 in Bramerton Hall, Bramerton, Norfolk, England.1
- Death of Father: Her father Robert Pughe Jones died on 5 September 1896.
- (Admin_beneficiary) Probate: In 1896 Dorothea Adelaide Lawry Pugh Jones became the administrator and/or the beneficiary named in the probate documents of Robert Pughe Jones; The other executor was John Thomas JONES, a gentleman. The Estate was valued at £51,120.
- Death Reg: Dorothea's death was registered in the quarter ended in March 1955 in the Pwllheli registration district, aged 80. (Her age calculates to 80 years).
- Death: Dorothea died on 5 March 1955 (Aged 80 years, worked back from recorded birth date).2
- Probate: Her estate was probated on 4 June 1955. Probate to William Langham HODGES solicitor and Anne Eaden spinster. The Estate was valued at £41,112.
- British newspapers Nat Lib AU, Death On 18th inst at Bramerton Hall Adelaide Mary, wife of R P JONES, Lincoln's Inn barrister at law and youngest daughter of J J BLAKE
The Bury and Norwich Post, and Suffolk Herald (Bury Saint Edmunds, England), Tuesday, September 21, 1875; pg. 6; Issue 4865. 19th Century British Library Newspapers: Part II.
- Website Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com) "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 about Dorothea Adelaide Lowry Jones
Name: Dorothea Adelaide Lowry Jones
Probate Date: 4 Jun 1955
Death Date: 5 Mar 1955
Death Place: Caernarvonshire, Wales
Registry: London, England."
- Trove Digitised Newspapers, DOROTHEA PUGHE JONES, President, Criccieth S.S. ANNIE E. JONES, Hon. Sec. "Woman Suffrage." Times [London, England] 20 Sept. 1912: 5. The Times Digital Archive. Web. 8 July 2012.